Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

Atari ST Floppy Adapter

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
Post Reply
Atarian Computing
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 am

Atari ST Floppy Adapter

Post by Atarian Computing »

I ran into this thread and got inspired to have a crack at my own version: https://forum.atari-home.de/index.php/t ... 448.0.html

This has not been tested so keep that in mind. I also had to create the DIN14 symbol using only photos I took of the port and connector and their dimensions. Should be the right size. I spent way too much time on this :)

Top.png
Top.png (9.62 KiB) Viewed 6091 times
Bottom.png
Bottom.png (9.61 KiB) Viewed 6091 times

Here are my KiCad files.

Atari ST Floppy Adapter.zip
(20.12 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
!Message from: Moderator
@Atarian Computing, we have placed your attachments in-line so they display correctly in your post. Here's the how-to guide.
User avatar
Gargoyle
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:04 am

Re: Atari ST Floppy Adapter

Post by Gargoyle »

This looks nice and tidy! :) In theory, would you be able to connect up a CosmosEx externally using this adapter design, if you do a Drive A/B switch mod to your ST or STE? Power would be provided via a phone charger, which is what I use currently to get a decent current from instead of my STE board's connector.
User avatar
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15327
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Atari ST Floppy Adapter

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Something I'm also looking at, nice idea, gives me food for thought :)

:goodpost:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
User avatar
frank.lukas
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Atari ST Floppy Adapter

Post by frank.lukas »

I like to buy a Atari ST Floppy Adapter or only a PCB ... !?!
Atarian Computing
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 am

Re: Atari ST Floppy Adapter

Post by Atarian Computing »

frank.lukas wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:17 pm I like to buy a Atari ST Floppy Adapter or only a PCB ... !?!
None exist or have been produced by myself. This is something I made on Sunday so no guarantee it works :)
User avatar
frank.lukas
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Atari ST Floppy Adapter

Post by frank.lukas »

Or have you GERBER files to produce the adapter ?
Post Reply

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”