Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
Post Reply

Type

Poll runs till Wed Dec 02, 2026 12:19 am

PCB only using menswells power modules
0
No votes
Meanwell modules fitted
1
33%
Meanwell front end and exxos backend
1
33%
Any combination
1
33%
 
Total votes: 3

User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29257
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Post by exxos »

PCB only is quickest to market. As MW modules are hard and expensive to source in the uk, people buy their own.

Or Meanwell modules pre-fitted.

Or rehash the current PSU design. Not using a transformer but 12v module front end. 5v and 3.3v get their own exxos regulation circuits where voltages can be adjusted. This would likely be the most expensive and time consuming method.

Obviously there needs to be enough demand to make them worthwhile the time and costs.
mikro
Posts: 847
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:22 pm
Location: Kosice, Slovakia
Contact:

Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Post by mikro »

I don't really care about how / what is it made from, as an end user I'd appreciate:

- easy fitting (no drilling holes, ideally using the existing ones the switch etc)

- no collision with ct60, ct63, ct60e + peripherals (ctpci, ethernat, supervidel -- taking some space on the right side)

- working for both 030 and 060
Steve
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3396
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:49 am

Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Post by Steve »

Yeah and in my experience I think most people would like something fully built and ready to go, if people have to source power modules or do their own soldering I think it'd reduce your sales quite significantly.
User avatar
alexh
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1420
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Post by alexh »

I would want something fully assembled and tested.

What I liked about the CT60PSU was it's fitting. It fitted perfectly.

All the cables were the correct length.

The 3D printed plastics meant it looked stock. Plus the speaker carrier was very cool if like me you wanted it to keep it as close to stock as possible

The PicoPSU that I had previously was a fudge and I never liked it
Senior Principal ASIC Engineer - SystemVerilog, VHDL
Thalion Webshrine - http://thalion.atari.org
ST,STf,STfm,STe,MegaST,MegaSTe,Falcon060
A500+,A600,A4000/060,CD32,CDTV
Post Reply

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”