CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

User avatar
Amigaz
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 Mar 2024 06:47
Location: Sweden

CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by Amigaz »

Anyone here that is running AmigaOS 3.2.x on their CD32 with TF360 here?

I am having the following issue:


I have installed AmigaOS 3.2 and after that the general CPU libraries from the 3.2 install floppy, system boots fine with this setup

When I update to AmigaOS 3.2.2 I get LoadModule failed returncode 10 when booting

MESUAL3_o.JPEG
MESUAL3_o.JPEG (167.45 KiB) Viewed 9575 times

I have noticed that the startup-sequence gets some stuff added when updating from 3.2 -> 3.2.2 that must be the root cause but I cannot understand the logic and would appreciate if I could get some help with what I should change, add or edit to successfully get my system up and running

3.2 startup-sequence

MESUAL4_o.JPEG
MESUAL4_o.JPEG (623.64 KiB) Viewed 9575 times

3.2.2 startup-sequence, here the extra stuff added with the LoadModule commands must be the culprit. But what exactly?

MESUAL2_o.JPEG
MESUAL2_o.JPEG (799.85 KiB) Viewed 9575 times
terriblefire
Admin sponsor
Admin sponsor
Posts: 5687
Joined: 28 Aug 2017 22:56
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by terriblefire »

This is a question for the OS 3.2 team. Not really much i can help with here. I've not tried 3.2 on the CD32 yet
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
User avatar
supaduper
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 664
Joined: 08 Nov 2018 12:05

Re: CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by supaduper »

You need to get a 3.2 rom for the CD32 as using the 3.1 rom will give you problems
User avatar
Amigaz
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 Mar 2024 06:47
Location: Sweden

Re: CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by Amigaz »

supaduper wrote: 06 Apr 2024 12:57 You need to get a 3.2 rom for the CD32 as using the 3.1 rom will give you problems
Yes, I already have a physical 3.2 ROM in this machine

I now started with the trace option from the early startup menu

It seems like it is missing files (??) that in my opinion should be there? Put there by the AmigaOS installer

IMG_20240406_102956.HEIC_compressed.JPEG
IMG_20240406_102956.HEIC_compressed.JPEG (423.59 KiB) Viewed 9536 times
User avatar
supaduper
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 664
Joined: 08 Nov 2018 12:05

Re: CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by supaduper »

And it is definitely a 3.2 rom made for the CD32 ?

Anyway I will email you
User avatar
Amigaz
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 Mar 2024 06:47
Location: Sweden

Re: CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by Amigaz »

supaduper wrote: 06 Apr 2024 14:13 And it is definitely a 3.2 rom made for the CD32 ?

Anyway I will email you
Yes

IMG_0489.jpeg
IMG_0489.jpeg (518.82 KiB) Viewed 9525 times
User avatar
Amigaz
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 Mar 2024 06:47
Location: Sweden

Re: CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by Amigaz »

Problem solved to a very helpful soul and hero here
terriblefire
Admin sponsor
Admin sponsor
Posts: 5687
Joined: 28 Aug 2017 22:56
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by terriblefire »

Amigaz wrote: 06 Apr 2024 16:31 Problem solved to a very helpful soul and hero here
what was the issue? so others know
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
User avatar
Amigaz
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 Mar 2024 06:47
Location: Sweden

Re: CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by Amigaz »

terriblefire wrote: 06 Apr 2024 16:58
Amigaz wrote: 06 Apr 2024 16:31 Problem solved to a very helpful soul and hero here
what was the issue? so others know
Not 100% sure but it seems like some files where never copied to L and Libs by the AmigaOS 3.2.2 patch installer which are needed by LoadModule in the startup-sequence.
I prepped my CF card in WinAUE.
User avatar
supaduper
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 664
Joined: 08 Nov 2018 12:05

Re: CD32, TF360 and AmigaOS 3.2

Post by supaduper »

Yes just an OS 3.2 system install problem, so long as you correctly update the OS 3.2 with the hotfixes available you should have no problem, as we confirmed via email

Return to “TF360”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 0 guests