Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

Supercomputing adventures with a MegaST/4

General discussions or ideas about hardware.
User avatar
dml
Posts: 911
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Re: Supercomputing adventures with a MegaST/4

Post by dml »

alexh wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:55 pm Wowsers. Where did you find something like that? I've had my eye open everywhere but only seen prices skyrocket since the launch of ATW800/2
I found a bunch of them listed as just 'CTX002' surplus with no mention of Transputer etc. so they probably went under the radar. When I zoomed in and saw the 'T800' I grabbed one. Spent a good while trying to reverse the layout. When it started looking like it was going to work (and I had already removed and tested one of the modules) I grabbed some more. There were still a bunch left at that point but checking recently the others have vanished.

I think the original machine had 8 or 12 of them.

[EDIT]

I think GeekDot very recently released his gerbers for the 2MB SRAM custom TRAMs. There is also a new github page with a TRAM carrier design & gerbers. I will probably be letting a few loose CPUs go at some point as I'm not planning to extend this thing any further.
User avatar
Badwolf
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 3128
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Supercomputing adventures with a MegaST/4

Post by Badwolf »

dml wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:26 pm So this is the final thing, sort of. It doesn't have a box though.
Very cool. Hard to get a judge on scale. Bigger than a typical hobby box, I think.

Are we talking micro ATX kind of size, or much smaller than that?

Perhaps scope for a laser cut acrylic stack à la Raspberry Pi cases of old?

Definitely needs to be made swanky. :)

BW.
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
User avatar
Cyprian
Posts: 561
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 am
Location: Warszawa, Poland
Contact:

Re: Supercomputing adventures with a MegaST/4

Post by Cyprian »

dml wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:26 pm So this is the final thing, sort of. It doesn't have a box though.



4xboards1.jpg


It's a bit precarious but it runs.
wow, what a beast
Atari V4sa / Lynx I / Mega ST 1 / 7800 / Portfolio / Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM146 / SM124 / SC1435
Antonia 2 / ATW800/2 / SidecarTridge / ACSI2STM / Mach64 VME / Mach32 VME / ET4000 VME / Atari 1050 / DDD HDD / AT Speed C16 / TF536 / SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
http://260ste.atari.org
Post Reply

Return to “HARDWARE DISCUSSIONS”