SVr4 drivers are a bit of a pain so getting a machine to write one is helpful. It's probably not the most efficient code though.
Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
Slopifying Unix (Atari System V for TT+)
- stephen_usher
- Site sponsor

- Posts: 7579
- Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm
- Location: Oxford, UK.
- Contact:
Re: Slopifying Unix (Atari System V for TT+)
Now, if you could get a NetUSBee ethernet driver working that would be of some use. 
SVr4 drivers are a bit of a pain so getting a machine to write one is helpful. It's probably not the most efficient code though.
SVr4 drivers are a bit of a pain so getting a machine to write one is helpful. It's probably not the most efficient code though.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
Re: Slopifying Unix (Atari System V for TT+)
Would there be a possibility to add additional connection methods like SLIRP or PCAP for the emulated DaynaPort adapter on your modified version of Hatari?leech wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:42 am Screenshot is running on the modified Hatari...
https://github.com/slaapliedje/hatari
This would also allow it to work on other OSs like macOS and Windows.
Maybe you could reuse some of the code from Previous (a NeXT emulator based on Hatari):
https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code ... ethernet.c
https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code ... et_slirp.c
https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code ... net_pcap.c
https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code ... src/slirp/
Re: Slopifying Unix (Atari System V for TT+)
I do have a NetUSBee, I'll certainly give it an attempt. It built the driver for DaynaPort... and then optimized it too and squeezed 28kb/s out of it. I currently have it attempting to get SSL and to fix the memory caching that it does. That said, claude has also added the TT's DMA Stereo as well, though I think it needs improvement. But that is at least two drivers made now.stephen_usher wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:59 am Now, if you could get a NetUSBee ethernet driver working that would be of some use.
SVr4 drivers are a bit of a pain so getting a machine to write one is helpful. It's probably not the most efficient code though.
Yeah, if there is already source out there. Makes it much easier.don_apple wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:08 pmWould there be a possibility to add additional connection methods like SLIRP or PCAP for the emulated DaynaPort adapter on your modified version of Hatari?leech wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:42 am Screenshot is running on the modified Hatari...
https://github.com/slaapliedje/hatari
This would also allow it to work on other OSs like macOS and Windows.
Maybe you could reuse some of the code from Previous (a NeXT emulator based on Hatari):
https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code ... ethernet.c
https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code ... et_slirp.c
https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code ... net_pcap.c
https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code ... src/slirp/
Ha, this is the problem with just telling AI to build stuff... you end up having it fix bugs and make improvements to the whole chain. It has already gotten upstream fixes into WinUAE that Hatari pulls from. Some random project ends up helping everyone else that uses the software.
Re: Slopifying Unix (Atari System V for TT+)
This is exactly how open source is supposed to work. People collaborating with each other to improve things and not just everybody working for themselves or even working against each otherleech wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:59 pm Ha, this is the problem with just telling AI to build stuff... you end up having it fix bugs and make improvements to the whole chain. It has already gotten upstream fixes into WinUAE that Hatari pulls from. Some random project ends up helping everyone else that uses the software.
The current maintainer of Previous has also provide feedback and patches to Hatari, so he's not just taking their code and using it in his project, but he is contributing back as well. So reusing their code with Hatari should be OK.
If you manage to get support for SLIRP/PCAP included in the DaynaPort driver for Hatari and need somebody to test it on macOS please feel free to reach out to me. I've been building and running Hatari on macOS for quite some time.
I also have multiple ZuluSCSI, BlueSCSI and also a RaSCSI/PiSCSI devices with DaynaPort emulation, so if you need some help with testing on real hardware I can help there as well.
Re: Slopifying Unix (Atari System V for TT+)
Nice! I have a ZuluSCSI (that I used to write the driver on) and today should have a BlueSCSI to test. Plus the NetUSBee.
I'll see about getting SLIRP/PCAP added. Ha, for one of the apps I had Claude building, I asked it to log into my macbook and build and test there, but all their permission levels are incredibly annoying to get claude to build and run tge harnesses. But it is one of the reasons I bought the mac, cross platform support.
I'll see about getting SLIRP/PCAP added. Ha, for one of the apps I had Claude building, I asked it to log into my macbook and build and test there, but all their permission levels are incredibly annoying to get claude to build and run tge harnesses. But it is one of the reasons I bought the mac, cross platform support.