Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
- rubber_jonnie
- Site Admin

- Posts: 15337
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
- Location: Essex
- Contact:
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
So whilst waiting for the replacement RAM to arrive I decided that I need to make a start on the FDD interface (@stephen_usher I've been saving your video for building this) so started the build box for it today.
Not a surprise, I didn't have all the parts for it, so those are all on order now and I'll make a start building it whilst I wait for those to arrive.
There's plenty to be getting on with though as I did have quite a lot of the parts in stock.
Not a surprise, I didn't have all the parts for it, so those are all on order now and I'll make a start building it whilst I wait for those to arrive.
There's plenty to be getting on with though as I did have quite a lot of the parts in stock.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
- rubber_jonnie
- Site Admin

- Posts: 15337
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
- Location: Essex
- Contact:
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
OK the FDD interface is coming along nicely:
Spot the deliberate mistake, now corrected
One a small issue with the inductor because I ordered a part that was too small:
New one on order, hopefully the right size this time!!. I also managed to order only one LS240, silly mistake now on order too. Just waiting on some resistors, the LED and I need to find a switch and dig out a 1772, which I know I have some of.
I reckon I'll finish the FDD card before I get the replacement RAM for the expansion at this point, I ordered it 5 days ago from a supplier I use a lot and it still hasn't been dispatched...
EDIT: Memory was dispatched this morning
Spot the deliberate mistake, now corrected
One a small issue with the inductor because I ordered a part that was too small:
New one on order, hopefully the right size this time!!. I also managed to order only one LS240, silly mistake now on order too. Just waiting on some resistors, the LED and I need to find a switch and dig out a 1772, which I know I have some of.
I reckon I'll finish the FDD card before I get the replacement RAM for the expansion at this point, I ordered it 5 days ago from a supplier I use a lot and it still hasn't been dispatched...
EDIT: Memory was dispatched this morning
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
- stephen_usher
- Site sponsor

- Posts: 7585
- Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm
- Location: Oxford, UK.
- Contact:
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
Oh, you're going for a full fat version.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
Yeah I went for the diet Pepsi version myself 
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
- rubber_jonnie
- Site Admin

- Posts: 15337
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
- Location: Essex
- Contact:
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
I am, I can't abide an empty socket
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
- rubber_jonnie
- Site Admin

- Posts: 15337
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
- Location: Essex
- Contact:
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
I'll probably end up at the diet Pepsi version but I'll start full fat
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
- rubber_jonnie
- Site Admin

- Posts: 15337
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
- Location: Essex
- Contact:
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
Well the FDD controller is built:
So I need some disk images to test and instructions on how to do so
No Sign of the replacement RAM IC yet though it is supposedly in the post. Bizarrely the RAM test is now passing, though I am still suspicious of the RAM IC on the expansion.
So I need some disk images to test and instructions on how to do so
No Sign of the replacement RAM IC yet though it is supposedly in the post. Bizarrely the RAM test is now passing, though I am still suspicious of the RAM IC on the expansion.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
- stephen_usher
- Site sponsor

- Posts: 7585
- Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm
- Location: Oxford, UK.
- Contact:
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
You can download a load of disk images here: https://www.lingula.org.uk/~steve/transfer/
I'll delete the archive after you've downloaded it.
I'll delete the archive after you've downloaded it.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
- rubber_jonnie
- Site Admin

- Posts: 15337
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
- Location: Essex
- Contact:
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
Thank you!!!stephen_usher wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:23 pm You can download a load of disk images here: https://www.lingula.org.uk/~steve/transfer/
I'll delete the archive after you've downloaded it.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
- rubber_jonnie
- Site Admin

- Posts: 15337
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
- Location: Essex
- Contact:
Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64
Downloaded, thanks.stephen_usher wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:23 pm You can download a load of disk images here: https://www.lingula.org.uk/~steve/transfer/
I'll delete the archive after you've downloaded it.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
