Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
@agranlund did you need to use the IDE byte swapper?
I've never used MagiC, do you think it'll be worthwhile me trying to get it loaded? I have no idea what the benefits would be. It looks to be an alternative to Tos?
I've never used MagiC, do you think it'll be worthwhile me trying to get it loaded? I have no idea what the benefits would be. It looks to be an alternative to Tos?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Yep, it's a TOS alternative.PhilC wrote: Fri Jun 27, 2025 8:09 pm I've never used MagiC, do you think it'll be worthwhile me trying to get it loaded? I have no idea what the benefits would be. It looks to be an alternative to Tos?
Or perhaps better to describe it as a MiNT alternative since it's pre-emptive multitasking.
But in all honesty, nope I don't think it would be worthwhile
MiNT is probably better and still in active development.
It's mostly a case of seeing if I could, and because my 68030 ST ran MagiC most of the time.
Not sure how much effort I will be putting into completing MagiC's Raven specific support but at the very least it needs to get support for input
It does require the byteswap adapter. Then I made a TOS partition with HDDriver installed in the bootsector.
That could be fixed but would take a lot of work that I don't think is worth it. You'd probably want to rip the IDE code from EmuTOS and transplant it into the MagiC kernel, or perhaps make standalone driver from said EmuTOS code.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Thanks, I did do some googling and wasn't sure about it. I'll keep my efforts focused on Emutos instead 
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Magic is fast. Probably beats TOS. On something like a 16 mhz 68k preferably with a graphics card it’s really impressive.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
I totally agree! It’s really impressive stuff and I preferred it over Mint on the ST.Oldskool wrote: Fri Jun 27, 2025 9:53 pm Magic is fast. Probably beats TOS. On something like a 16 mhz 68k preferably with a graphics card it’s really impressive.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Another quick question - has the ROM programmer board been tried with 74LS family ICs? Or does it really need to be 74HC? The logic levels are a bit different but sometimes they can be swapped.
d:m:l
BadMooD d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_bm.py
SVO30 d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_svo30.py
Q2 engine d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_q2.py
AGT project: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_agt.py
Atari page: http://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_atari.py
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@dmlTPT
BadMooD d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_bm.py
SVO30 d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_svo30.py
Q2 engine d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_q2.py
AGT project: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_agt.py
Atari page: http://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_atari.py
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@dmlTPT
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
I used 74LS273 chips without issue using the PLCC romsdml wrote: Sat Jun 28, 2025 1:21 pm Another quick question - has the ROM programmer board been tried with 74LS family ICs? Or does it really need to be 74HC? The logic levels are a bit different but sometimes they can be swapped.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Thanks again! I'll take another pass through my logic array... I sorta rejected any tray that wasn't HC on the first round.
.....
.....
.....
...well, I found one. Just one
Maybe I can multiplex it or something. Or move it between sockets very very fast
d:m:l
BadMooD d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_bm.py
SVO30 d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_svo30.py
Q2 engine d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_q2.py
AGT project: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_agt.py
Atari page: http://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_atari.py
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@dmlTPT
BadMooD d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_bm.py
SVO30 d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_svo30.py
Q2 engine d/l: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_q2.py
AGT project: https://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_agt.py
Atari page: http://www.leonik.net/dml/sec_atari.py
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@dmlTPT

