On the subject of reversing orders of things.
I am very heavily leaning on changing the IDE slot to Motorola byte order on Raven.A2, to make it identical to normal Ataris.
EmuTOS will work with either, so from that perspective there shouldn't be a compatibility issue, but there are pros and cons to both.
Intel byte order:
+ Drives partitioned on PC are faster (no software byteswap)
- Drives partitioned on Atari are slower (software byteswap)
- Cannot use Atari partitioning software or drivers (HD-Driver etc)
Going with Motorola byte ordering pretty much reverses the above.
I went with an Intel interface as I figured the most common case is to prepare the CF card on a PC so optimised for that but in the long run it feels like it wasn't the best choice sacrificing Atari compatibility for this.
I'm going to do some test on Raven.A1 + a plugin byteswap adapter but it would be interesting to hear inputs on this subject
Having a stock Atari style IDE interface would also make getting MagiC up and running a fair bit easier - right now it's at the point where it needs to execute a driver from the IDE bootsector to get further - of which there are none that understands the Intel wiring (unless perhaps pperas driver do -- I'll need to give them a test).
Same if someone wanted to get Atari TOS3 running on Raven for some reason. That in itself shouldn't be _that_ difficult except for the lack of IDE drivers that can understand Intel style interfaces.
If it's just me favouring an Atari style interface then I'll keep it as-is and use the adapter which I will make anyway for my current board.