agranlund wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 4:30 pm
Very weird. Could it be possible your timer is started a bit too early, or stopped a bit too late and so accidentially includes something not strictly related to the test itself (a window redraw slipping in there, or something else general gembench-app related)? Or is that completely out of the question?
The start and end and time of tests are done in assembly code.
@dml actually wrote those routines. It just gets the current timer tick. It does sync to vbl as well.. But while it's normal to be 1 or 2% out on runs as the timer isn't fast enough, I've never seen a huge speed drop like when BLTfix is used.
I know we talked about this a few months back. Running BLTfix from TTram helps..even so, it's very odd it changes int-div test speed. Like you say, either the start or end time is changed somehow or the int-div test is interrupted somehow which I don't thinks possible.. So no idea..
Is Nembench exhibiting the same phenomenon when you use blitfix?
I'll check when I get back home.. Have a feeling it was tested before but don't remember the outcome..
EDIT
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/view ... 90#p128742
Your conclusion seemes to be
I've got no conclusive ideas what the issue is, only vague guesses