Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

A homemade Atari-like computer based on 68060 and various Atari ST like peripherals
Oldskool
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by Oldskool »

It seems your service is down but it was more to get it working (network). Not really going to use it for surfing :D

I’m really getting it now with that interleave thing/discussion. Was playing around with some settings in Mint in higher resolutions and the various aes versions and options but the speed is OK on the W32 but you just feel that slowness/screentearing a tiny bit. The Mach32 card is indeed just that tiny bit faster and it’s noticable in the desktop
A pity that that the resolution switching is a pain otherwise it would be a better. Especially in desktop use.

IMG_1817.jpeg
IMG_1817.jpeg (69.18 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Atarian Computing
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 am

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by Atarian Computing »

Oldskool wrote: Fri Mar 21, 2025 9:24 pm It seems your service is down but it was more to get it working (network). Not really going to use it for surfing :D
Looks like the docker container crashed. Gotta keep an eye on it.

Josh.
sety
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by sety »

Hi All,

Apologies if this question seems naive or even lazy, I'm just really confused with what JLPCBs system is doing? Are the ROM and RAM sticks really 4 layers or could this be the system misinterpreting the gerbers?

It's quoting me $200 to make the ROM and RAM sticks. :shock:

Thanks so much

Stuart
sety
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:47 am

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by sety »

Oops wrong thread. Please move to my build. So sorry :oops:
Oldskool
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by Oldskool »

With Gnuboy and Links awakening I have some issues. Sometimes the tiles are a bid messed up on screens and the game freezes sometimes Gnuboy is still running then. The freezing seems to block me from progressing in the first dungeon beyond a certain point:

IMG_3107.jpeg
IMG_3107.jpeg (79.99 KiB) Viewed 746 times

Edit:

The GBC version of the game does work OK. So no freezing.
TKSM
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:30 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by TKSM »

I start my RAVEN and i have issues.
It's hanging often my proc is 68060 rev.6.
I also have a question, at what frequencies does your processor run and what partition sizes do you use to make it run stably?

r1.jpeg
r1.jpeg (507.64 KiB) Viewed 669 times
r2.jpeg
r2.jpeg (206.89 KiB) Viewed 669 times
r3.jpeg
r3.jpeg (319.89 KiB) Viewed 664 times
!Message from: Moderator
@TKSM, we have placed your attachments in-line so they display correctly in your post. Here's the how-to guide.
Last edited by exxos on Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachments placed inline
User avatar
Badwolf
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 3117
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by Badwolf »

TKSM wrote: Mon Mar 24, 2025 4:11 pm I start my RAVEN and i have issues.
It's hanging often my proc is 68060 rev.6.
I can't really help with any of your questions, but I will point out your program counter on that crash screen is the first four bytes of TOS 2.06 ergo at some point your OS is likely tying to jump to a null pointer.

Are you using the correct OS?

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
User avatar
kodak80
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:14 am

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by kodak80 »

TKSM wrote: Mon Mar 24, 2025 4:11 pm I start my RAVEN and i have issues.
It's hanging often my proc is 68060 rev.6.
I also have a question, at what frequencies does your processor run and what partition sizes do you use to make it run stably?
Welcome to the Raven 060 club.

Do you have J106 jumpered? It also looks like you have the Front LEDs header jumpered. I have J106 jumpered and nothing on the Front LEDs header.

In terms of the frequency, I have a 48mhz OSC https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/815-ACHL-48-EK This means x2 the CPU is running at 96mhz. My CF card has a boot partition of 256mb
luciodra
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:59 pm
Location: Rome

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by luciodra »

kodak80 wrote: Tue Mar 25, 2025 8:36 am

Do you have J106 jumpered? It also looks like you have the Front LEDs header jumpered. I have J106 jumpered and nothing on the Front LEDs header.

Jumper J106 ? To me it appears reserved and I left it open... what should it command ? :)
Raven 060 rev 6 96MHz
ET4000AX 1Mb T0
PicoGUS 2.0
User avatar
kodak80
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:14 am

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by kodak80 »

luciodra wrote: Tue Mar 25, 2025 9:18 am
kodak80 wrote: Tue Mar 25, 2025 8:36 am

Do you have J106 jumpered? It also looks like you have the Front LEDs header jumpered. I have J106 jumpered and nothing on the Front LEDs header.

Jumper J106 ? To me it appears reserved and I left it open... what should it command ? :)
I have J106 jumpered on both my Raven boards. It is noted as reserved in the docs but not sure what is does and why I have it jumpered. @agranlund might be able to confirm which is correct.
Post Reply

Return to “RAVEN 060 - A homemade Atari-like computer”