Hi Jez, yes it is the BBAN SD adaptor. I'll probably make some kind of case or bracket for it.JezC wrote: 05 Mar 2025 18:34
Great progress with that @PhilC - is that the BBAN SD HDD adapter connected in there as well? Nice...
PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
-
PhilC
- Moderator

- Posts: 7620
- Joined: 23 Mar 2018 20:22
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
-
JezC
- Posts: 2847
- Joined: 28 Aug 2017 23:44
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
I've got one as well...just not sure which system it will end up as a permanent feature in (but one of my Megas is attractive because I cold lose the external supply) :)
-
PhilC
- Moderator

- Posts: 7620
- Joined: 23 Mar 2018 20:22
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
@JezC yes you'll just need to make up an adaptor to go in the internal Mega ASCI port and pick up a supply from somewhere. Not worked that out yet but it won't be that hard to do. Then dig out Fusion 360 to make that bracket. I'll see if I can get it to fit in the expansion port hole.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
-
JezC
- Posts: 2847
- Joined: 28 Aug 2017 23:44
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
Given the size of my retro to-do list (and the ongoing lack of time) I'm sure you will get there before me!PhilC wrote: 05 Mar 2025 19:19 @JezC yes you'll just need to make up an adaptor to go in the internal Mega ASCI port and pick up a supply from somewhere. Not worked that out yet but it won't be that hard to do. Then dig out Fusion 360 to make that bracket. I'll see if I can get it to fit in the expansion port hole.
I'll happily be a second tester for anything you can create though!
I'm going to try and replace the battery on an FMC II cart tonight...as that's about as much as I expect to fit in to tonight's hobby time slot :roll: :(
-
PhilC
- Moderator

- Posts: 7620
- Joined: 23 Mar 2018 20:22
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
Today you join me for this momentous occasion. For the first time in 5 years the Mega ST is about to have its case put back on.
Of course I'm not going to screw it on, it's a Mega FFS. It'll go wrong in about an hour.
Of course I'm not going to screw it on, it's a Mega FFS. It'll go wrong in about an hour.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
-
exxos
- Site Admin

- Posts: 29184
- Joined: 16 Aug 2017 23:19
- Location: UK
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
:fire: :hide: :fire:PhilC wrote: 11 Mar 2025 14:27 Today you join me for this momentous occasion. For the first time in 5 years the Mega ST is about to have its case put back on.
:lol: :thumbup:Of course I'm not going to screw it on, it's a Mega FFS. It'll go wrong in about an hour.
-
rubber_jonnie
- Site Admin

- Posts: 15315
- Joined: 17 Aug 2017 19:40
- Location: Essex
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
:fire1:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
-
stephen_usher
- Site sponsor

- Posts: 7578
- Joined: 13 Nov 2017 19:19
- Location: Oxford, UK.
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
:lol:
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
-
PhilC
- Moderator

- Posts: 7620
- Joined: 23 Mar 2018 20:22
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
In between doing a few repairs, upgrades etc, I've got myself a little side project.
On the left is a working Rosco_m68k 68010 SBC that's up and running and on the right, it's bigger brother, a 68030 SBC. This one is waiting for a few bits abd pieces and should be running by the end of next week hopefully.
They both communicate over FTDI or RS232 but have the option of having a video card, which I will look at getting once I've got the 030 one working.
On the left is a working Rosco_m68k 68010 SBC that's up and running and on the right, it's bigger brother, a 68030 SBC. This one is waiting for a few bits abd pieces and should be running by the end of next week hopefully.
They both communicate over FTDI or RS232 but have the option of having a video card, which I will look at getting once I've got the 030 one working.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
-
JezC
- Posts: 2847
- Joined: 28 Aug 2017 23:44
Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)
Nice @PhilC - I've seen those and been tempted myself (but so far, moments of sanity have reminded me how many other retro projects I have on the go that need finishing first).
:( :roll:
:( :roll:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 7 guests