A new riser?
Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator
-
go0se
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 25 Nov 2018 19:55
Re: A new riser?
Looks great.
Put me down for a prototype board when they arrive.
Cheers.
Put me down for a prototype board when they arrive.
Cheers.
-
8 Bit Dreams
- Moderator Team

- Posts: 785
- Joined: 09 Nov 2018 07:12
- Location: Germany
Re: A new riser?
Wow! That sounds great!terriblefire wrote: 02 Jan 2020 09:06 ..It may also be possible later to wire the arm up to the floppy controls (and we dont even need a real CIA) but lets walk before running .. we can always add patch wires etc.
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
-
32Bits
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 21 Jan 2019 19:57
Re: A new riser?
The new riser looks awesome!
C128/A3000/CD32/A1200 -https://www.youtube.com/c/32Bits
-
go0se
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 25 Nov 2018 19:55
Re: A new riser?
Had a look at the riser design in Eagle. I appreciate I should have asked these questions 24 hours ago but was just wondering the following pedantic info:
Is the mix of 0805 and 0603 100nf caps unintentional or a required hangover from incorporating part of the HID2AMI design?
Do you have the values for R1 and C17 to C21 handy? they're not currently marked on the published version.
*EDIT* The Farnell part number on the properties for the 3.6864 crystal is for the SMD version but the footprint is for the through hole version. I'm assuming any low profile through hole 3.6864 with 4.88mm hole spacing will be ok?
Cheers.
Is the mix of 0805 and 0603 100nf caps unintentional or a required hangover from incorporating part of the HID2AMI design?
Do you have the values for R1 and C17 to C21 handy? they're not currently marked on the published version.
*EDIT* The Farnell part number on the properties for the 3.6864 crystal is for the SMD version but the footprint is for the through hole version. I'm assuming any low profile through hole 3.6864 with 4.88mm hole spacing will be ok?
Cheers.
-
terriblefire
- Admin sponsor

- Posts: 5687
- Joined: 28 Aug 2017 22:56
- Location: Glasgow, UK
Re: A new riser?
Yeah its a mesh of the two designs I'm a 0603 guy myself... but remember 0603 will solder happily onto 0805 pads.
R1 is "a pullup" value.. so between 2K2 and 4K7 i guess.. The caps... sorry i havent rolled the cap dice yet.
R1 is "a pullup" value.. so between 2K2 and 4K7 i guess.. The caps... sorry i havent rolled the cap dice yet.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
-
KraZ
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 18 Feb 2020 19:42
Re: A new riser?
I hope I'm not necro-ing this thread too much but I wanted to add my admittedly pompous 2 cents to this wonderful new project.
I am one of those "living the dream" on my CD32 with a full wireless setup for keyboard and mouse today. How you ask? Well there is the Rys mkII (mouse) and Sum A234/CD32 (keyboard) adapter by the guys at retro 7bit.
Rys mkII (mouse)
Sum 234 (keyboard)
(hope it's okay to post links to commercial products)
I was wondering if people where aware of these because it doesn't seem Stephen is from avidly watching the stream about the TF360/1260? They are full HID devices compliant and will let you "live the dream" today. Now I understand that Stephen is working on something similar for the riser which would be terrific to have another option especially if it would be lower cost than these two. (these aren't exactly cheap)
The one issue with my current setup is that I cannot use a composite keyboard/mouse combo device. I have to use a mouse and a keyboard which each have their own receivers. The killer app would be if this new riser would allow combo devices through one port of course! It would be terrific to have this support and I could get rid of the kludge of having two separate adapters with two separate receivers. I know that Stephen has tried messing with combo devices but hasn't made much headway into it... I simply wanted to proclaim loud and clear that I hope this happens and I would be very thankful if it did!
Keep up the great work!!! I'm rooting for you!
Sorry for making this long I did not have time to make it short.
I am one of those "living the dream" on my CD32 with a full wireless setup for keyboard and mouse today. How you ask? Well there is the Rys mkII (mouse) and Sum A234/CD32 (keyboard) adapter by the guys at retro 7bit.
Rys mkII (mouse)
Sum 234 (keyboard)
(hope it's okay to post links to commercial products)
I was wondering if people where aware of these because it doesn't seem Stephen is from avidly watching the stream about the TF360/1260? They are full HID devices compliant and will let you "live the dream" today. Now I understand that Stephen is working on something similar for the riser which would be terrific to have another option especially if it would be lower cost than these two. (these aren't exactly cheap)
The one issue with my current setup is that I cannot use a composite keyboard/mouse combo device. I have to use a mouse and a keyboard which each have their own receivers. The killer app would be if this new riser would allow combo devices through one port of course! It would be terrific to have this support and I could get rid of the kludge of having two separate adapters with two separate receivers. I know that Stephen has tried messing with combo devices but hasn't made much headway into it... I simply wanted to proclaim loud and clear that I hope this happens and I would be very thankful if it did!
Keep up the great work!!! I'm rooting for you!
Sorry for making this long I did not have time to make it short.
-
arkadiusz.makarenko
- Moderator Team

- Posts: 1371
- Joined: 19 Jun 2019 07:36
- Location: Edinburgh
Re: A new riser?
Combo devices cannot be supported by stm32 usb library unfortunately.
Ps. I am even struggling to read data from HID gamepads at this point.
Ps. I am even struggling to read data from HID gamepads at this point.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
~ Stanislaw Lem
-
terriblefire
- Admin sponsor

- Posts: 5687
- Joined: 28 Aug 2017 22:56
- Location: Glasgow, UK
Re: A new riser?
Its a cost reduction thing for me. Plus those dont support joypads which is my aim.KraZ wrote: 18 Feb 2020 22:00
I was wondering if people where aware of these because it doesn't seem Stephen is from avidly watching the stream about the TF360/1260? They are full HID devices compliant and will let you "live the dream" today. Now I understand that Stephen is working on something similar for the riser which would be terrific to have another option especially if it would be lower cost than these two. (these aren't exactly cheap)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
-
KraZ
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 18 Feb 2020 19:42
Re: A new riser?
They do.7-bit wrote: support for USB HID joysticks,
support for USB HID pads,
That said I’m the first one to be skeptical at a spec list so I fired up ye olde 1200, slammed the rys into the game port, plugged in the most generic pc usb gamepad i own, booted up banshee... and... well... it just... worked?
I know that usually never happens to me.
-
terriblefire
- Admin sponsor

- Posts: 5687
- Joined: 28 Aug 2017 22:56
- Location: Glasgow, UK
Re: A new riser?
Well those arent open source and they are expensive.
Plus the riser we have right now is exceptionally old, 2 layer and in need of an update.
EDIT: And plus i already built the new one.
Plus the riser we have right now is exceptionally old, 2 layer and in need of an update.
EDIT: And plus i already built the new one.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 1 guest