Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
User avatar
alexh
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by alexh »

HigashiJun wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 6:00 am I have the same setup and as you can see, the lower shield is also fitted:
Thanks for confirming. I don't remember removing it when I fitted mine.
HigashiJun wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 6:00 am But since this thread has put me off, I will now avoid using my Falcon.
If you're nervous, talk to Pavel, invite him to join Exxos Forum and politely be involved in the investigation. If he is a good guy, who likes his products and his customers he will have an open mind (if be a little defensive) and positively engage.

I don't know how long you've had yours but I've had mine for over a year and I've had the Falcon on once or twice a week. At least 100 power cycles. On 220/240v mains. That is not conclusive, there are some very good arguments being suggested as to how this happened. The fact it happened twice to the same user seems rather strange to me? No?

I also have to say, I don't remember ever connecting those two wires to the CT60e (might have done). I've only ever used it in 060 mode.
Senior Principal ASIC Engineer - SystemVerilog, VHDL
Thalion Webshrine - http://thalion.atari.org
ST,STf,STfm,STe,MegaST,MegaSTe,Falcon060
A500+,A600,A4000/060,CD32,CDTV
User avatar
HigashiJun
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:21 am
Location: Tokyo

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by HigashiJun »

Badwolf wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 9:56 am
HigashiJun wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 6:00 am I will now avoid using my Falcon.
Bit extreme! :lol:

BW
Until exxos sells his own CTPSU...

;)
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29298
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by exxos »

HigashiJun wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:31 am Until exxos sells his own CTPSU...
8-)

I'd suggest removing the PCB and hardwire to a better switch like proper atari type and don't connect the mode wire to the switch. It would remove the immediate dangers at least..
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29298
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by exxos »

alexh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:12 am]
If you're nervous, talk to Pavel, invite him to join Exxos Forum and politely be involved in the investigation. If he is a good guy, who likes his products and his customers he will have an open mind (if be a little defensive) and positively engage.
But that has already been tried for over a year now! The owner has contacted Pavel directly several times about this, and he has not engaged.

This is how this whole thread started in the first place as theres thousands of pounds worth of dead kit which Pavel won't help with. This is why I agreed to look at the stuff to see what the chances are of repairing it all.

Pavel was also banned from this forum some time ago, mostly badmouthing others, in particular myself on various groups and platforms. Theres a rather long thread about him in the moderators section.

I feel like I'm just continuously repeating myself at this point now.
User avatar
alexh
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by alexh »

I didn't know that he had been banned. Perhaps before my time here.

I can see that you're trying to be neutral until you've analysed the failure and come to a conclusion that is supported which is commendable.
Senior Principal ASIC Engineer - SystemVerilog, VHDL
Thalion Webshrine - http://thalion.atari.org
ST,STf,STfm,STe,MegaST,MegaSTe,Falcon060
A500+,A600,A4000/060,CD32,CDTV
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29298
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by exxos »

alexh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:52 am I didn't know that he had been banned. Perhaps before my time here.

I can see that you're trying to be neutral until you've analysed the failure and come to a conclusion that is supported which is commendable.
Thank you for noticing.. it is extremely difficult as a lot of people here will understand. I'm certainly giving him better treatment than he ever gave me!
User avatar
HigashiJun
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:21 am
Location: Tokyo

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by HigashiJun »

alexh wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:12 am
Thanks for confirming. I don't remember removing it when I fitted mine.

If you're nervous, talk to Pavel, invite him to join Exxos Forum and politely be involved in the investigation. If he is a good guy, who likes his products and his customers he will have an open mind (if be a little defensive) and positively engage.

I don't know how long you've had yours but I've had mine for over a year and I've had the Falcon on once or twice a week. At least 100 power cycles. On 220/240v mains. That is not conclusive, there are some very good arguments being suggested as to how this happened. The fact it happened twice to the same user seems rather strange to me? No?

I also have to say, I don't remember ever connecting those two wires to the CT60e (might have done). I've only ever used it in 060 mode.
IIRC, Pavel was banned from this forum some time ago.

I don't feel particularly nervous, but it's wise not to use my Falcon until @exxos findouts are published on this thread.

As @rubber_jonnie suggested, I could also remove the black & white wires to prevent a flashover on my machine.

I have my new CTPSU for over a year too and it has around 50-60 power cycles until now in miscellaneous meteorological conditions. I also find quite strange the same issue happened twice to the same guy and I would like to know more about his setup and use.
User avatar
HigashiJun
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:21 am
Location: Tokyo

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by HigashiJun »

exxos wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:48 am Pavel was also banned from this forum some time ago, mostly badmouthing others, in particular myself on various groups and platforms. Theres a rather long thread about him in the moderators section.
You were faster than me...
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29298
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by exxos »

HigashiJun wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:49 am I also find quite strange the same issue happened twice to the same guy and I would like to know more about his setup and use.
Not just the same guy.. 2 other people that we know of..

viewtopic.php?t=8679&start=10#p146344

viewtopic.php?t=8679&start=20#p146363
User avatar
HigashiJun
Posts: 2442
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:21 am
Location: Tokyo

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by HigashiJun »

exxos wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:53 am
HigashiJun wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:49 am I also find quite strange the same issue happened twice to the same guy and I would like to know more about his setup and use.
Not just the same guy.. 2 other people that we know of..

viewtopic.php?t=8679&start=10#p146344

viewtopic.php?t=8679&start=20#p146363
My bad...

Completely forgot about mikro's and and kohli79's stories.
Post Reply

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”