Smonson's slow H4 build

Topic for users to share their building progress.
User avatar
derkom
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1232
Joined: 29 Jul 2018 18:45

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by derkom »

PhilC wrote: 08 May 2020 18:31 @derkom it is from that musical classic yes but I'm sure its from TOS as well.
Nope.

Edit: There's an episode wherein he referred to "no life as we know it", but that's as close as it gets.
User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7620
Joined: 23 Mar 2018 20:22

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by PhilC »

@derkom Ok, I bow to your superior geekness :sarcasm:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
User avatar
derkom
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1232
Joined: 29 Jul 2018 18:45

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by derkom »

PhilC wrote: 08 May 2020 18:36 @derkom Ok, I bow to your superior geekness :sarcasm:
I've spent way too many hours watching that show. I'm not sure it's something to be proud of. :lol:
User avatar
Smonson
Posts: 717
Joined: 28 Oct 2017 10:21
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by Smonson »

derkom wrote: 08 May 2020 18:28 That quote is from The Firm's song "Star Trekkin'", not from any actual Trek. :ugeek:
I think that was the first record I ever owned 8-)
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29187
Joined: 16 Aug 2017 23:19
Location: UK

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by exxos »

Smonson wrote: 09 May 2020 00:50
derkom wrote: 08 May 2020 18:28 That quote is from The Firm's song "Star Trekkin'", not from any actual Trek. :ugeek:
I think that was the first record I ever owned 8-)
I got it on 45 :)

:threadjacked:
User avatar
Smonson
Posts: 717
Joined: 28 Oct 2017 10:21
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by Smonson »

It's a pity all the other songs were sanctimonious "wholesome" stuff!
User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7620
Joined: 23 Mar 2018 20:22

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by PhilC »

I remember my mate driving with all the windows down and the sun roof open, blasting Star Trekkin from his sanyo dodgy stereo in his rotten datsun 120y.

At least he thought he was cool. (Mullet, dark glasses, moustache, he had it all going on) :lol:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
User avatar
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4417
Joined: 03 Sep 2017 10:57
Location: UK

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by Icky »

Hmm - sure that wasn't you @PhilC :)
User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7620
Joined: 23 Mar 2018 20:22

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by PhilC »

Icky wrote: 09 May 2020 09:01 Hmm - sure that wasn't you @PhilC :)
Fortunately not, I was still going through my long haired biker phase back then.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
User avatar
Smonson
Posts: 717
Joined: 28 Oct 2017 10:21
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Smonson's slow H4 build

Post by Smonson »

Boom! It lives!

:excited:

smonson-h4-4.jpg
smonson-h4-4.jpg (142.39 KiB) Viewed 5158 times

Now I need the IDC connector for the internal floppy drive which I ordered in late February and have literally been sitting motionless in a postal warehouse in Sydney for SEVEN WEEKS.

Return to “MONGREL H4 USER BUILDS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 1 guest