Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
-
Steve
- Moderator

- Posts: 3390
- Joined: 15 Sep 2017 11:49
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
@PhilC I might de-solder the monitor socket & put it in the ultrasonic.. I did try the good old wiggle but the colours didn't seem to change. I don't have the test equipment for checking multiplexer output, besides my multimeter.
-
Steve
- Moderator

- Posts: 3390
- Joined: 15 Sep 2017 11:49
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
Just an update.. removed / ultrasonic'd the rgb port, re-soldered.. still yellow
I was thinking of de-soldering the r g b matrix chips and putting them back in a different order, to see if the output changes - does this sound like a good idea?
I was thinking of de-soldering the r g b matrix chips and putting them back in a different order, to see if the output changes - does this sound like a good idea?
-
exxos
- Site Admin

- Posts: 29184
- Joined: 16 Aug 2017 23:19
- Location: UK
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
If your going to do that, might just be easier to get a new chips ?Steve wrote: 01 Jan 2021 17:25 I was thinking of de-soldering the r g b matrix chips and putting them back in a different order, to see if the output changes - does this sound like a good idea?
-
Steve
- Moderator

- Posts: 3390
- Joined: 15 Sep 2017 11:49
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
Yes but it costs zero pounds and can only give me good information?
-
Steve
- Moderator

- Posts: 3390
- Joined: 15 Sep 2017 11:49
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
Okay - I'm in the mood to try to fix my H5 yellow display finally. I'll need some pointers if possible from you kind fellows. I now have my scope! So can test things properly. Or should I just buy 3x new matrix chips for r/g/b to start with.
-
exxos
- Site Admin

- Posts: 29184
- Joined: 16 Aug 2017 23:19
- Location: UK
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
I would start with holding down reset to get a white screen and make sure all the shifters RGB bits are all toggling , then try colour test on the diagnostic cart.
-
Steve
- Moderator

- Posts: 3390
- Joined: 15 Sep 2017 11:49
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
@exxos Okay - hopefully I've probed the right pins and gathered good data? Probed pins 6, 7, 10. R G B. Scope in auto mode.
Pin 6, red:
Pin 7, green: Pin 8, blue:
Videos of reset behaviour (As I'm not sure what I'm seeing, need help with understanding)
Red:
Green - same
Blue:
Pin 6, red:
Pin 7, green: Pin 8, blue:
Videos of reset behaviour (As I'm not sure what I'm seeing, need help with understanding)
Red:
Green - same
Blue:
-
exxos
- Site Admin

- Posts: 29184
- Joined: 16 Aug 2017 23:19
- Location: UK
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
There is 3 bits for red green blue..
-
Steve
- Moderator

- Posts: 3390
- Joined: 15 Sep 2017 11:49
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
I know it's bad to spoon feed to teach people, but I might need at least one spoon full. lol :) Am I anywhere in the ball-park with how I scoped the pins, to see these bits is it a setting in the scope? I really don't know, I'm new to this I apologize.
edit:
I may have found it, so scope pins 21, 22, 23 etc?
edit:
I may have found it, so scope pins 21, 22, 23 etc?
Last edited by exxos on 26 Sep 2026 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spacing around attachments corrected
Reason: Spacing around attachments corrected
-
exxos
- Site Admin

- Posts: 29184
- Joined: 16 Aug 2017 23:19
- Location: UK
Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)
Yep, R0,R1,R2 etc
EDIT
Then check them on the outputs of the buffers..
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: ClaudeBot and 0 guests