I ran the demo for more than two hours and everything seems to be fine. I‘ll do another test tomorrow but I think and hope that this has fixed the issue.
Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
PSU related Blitter issues (Atari STE)
- sascha.springer
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am
Re: PSU related Blitter issues (Atari STE)
Thanks for your comments. I have changed the RAM modules but the glitches remained visible. The inserted modules have parity chips as well but I wanted to check out another fix before cutting traces. So actually I have replaced the CPU. The old type was an MC68000FN8 and the new one reads MC68HC000FN20.
I ran the demo for more than two hours and everything seems to be fine. I‘ll do another test tomorrow but I think and hope that this has fixed the issue.
I ran the demo for more than two hours and everything seems to be fine. I‘ll do another test tomorrow but I think and hope that this has fixed the issue.
Re: PSU related Blitter issues (Atari STE)
That is awesome news! Perhaps this new chip uses slightly less power or something.sascha.springer wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:40 pm Thanks for your comments. I have changed the RAM modules but the glitches remained visible. The inserted modules have parity chips as well but I wanted to check out another fix before cutting traces. So actually I have replaced the CPU. The old type was an MC68000FN8 and the new one reads MC68HC000FN20.
I ran the demo for more than two hours and everything seems to be fine. I‘ll do another test tomorrow but I think and hope that this has fixed the issue.![]()
- sascha.springer
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am
Re: PSU related Blitter issues (Atari STE)
Thanks.Steve wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:33 pmThat is awesome news! Perhaps this new chip uses slightly less power or something.
I ran two more tests lately and everything works as expected. So finally I would say that the CPU change indeed fixed my issue.
- sascha.springer
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am
Re: PSU related Blitter issues (Atari STE)
Here's a test version of the "Fast Bobs" demo for Blitter equipped Atari STs. Please let me know if there are issues on real hardware.
Last edited by exxos on Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachments placed inline
Reason: Attachments placed inline
Re: PSU related Blitter issues (Atari STE)
Sounds like a bus loading issue again, did you try changing the pull ups ?sascha.springer wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:40 pm So actually I have replaced the CPU. The old type was an MC68000FN8 and the new one reads MC68HC000FN20.
I ran the demo for more than two hours and everything seems to be fine. I‘ll do another test tomorrow but I think and hope that this has fixed the issue.![]()
Re: PSU related Blitter issues (Atari STE)
It runs fine on my BLiTTER enabled 1040STfm.sascha.springer wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:12 am Here's a test version of the "Fast Bobs" demo for Blitter equipped Atari STs. Please let me know if there are issues on real hardware.
- sascha.springer
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am
Re: PSU related Blitter issues (Atari STE)
At first I wanted to fix the issue with "plug and play" solutions before heating up my solder iron. So actually I did not add the pull ups.exxos wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:48 amSounds like a bus loading issue again, did you try changing the pull ups ?
Great! Thanks for the report.

