Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Thanks!
Just ordered a mouse which can be configured for 400 and 800 DPI - maybe this works better
Just ordered a mouse which can be configured for 400 and 800 DPI - maybe this works better
-
Mikerochip
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:38 pm
- Location: Ireland
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
(Yes! I'm just ordering the PCB now! (This second. Signed into JLCPCB as I type!) I think I've got the rest of the bits to build two)PhilC wrote: Sat Nov 22, 2025 5:49 pm @Mikerochip Agranlund has swapped the pic normally used in the Eiffel for a Chinese stm32 copy and made the software compatible with the Eiffel app but has also added USB, bus mouse etc, so I suspect a sampling rate change or whatever is required will be quite easy to do.
I think though, everyone's mouse is going to be different, so, whatever changes are made, probably need to be easily made, per user.
-
Atarian Computing
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 am
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
I use a Logitech Ergo S trackball with the DPI button turned on mostly.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
@LarryL ,
Not sure if this will help in your case but you could try turning down the usb-mouse scaler in case it's the TOS side which is freaking out by the large numbers/quick movements.
There is no fancy, or even non-fancy, program to configure CKBD specific features yet but you can do so from the Raven monitor.
Enter it by pressing the NMI button if you have a serial connection.
Alternatively, by running c:\raven\mon.tos in which case you don't need a serial connection.
The scalar is an 8.8 fixed point number where the decimal lives in register $14 and the whole in register $15
(The default is 1.0 which is the same as register $14=0 and register $15=1)
for example; if you want to set usb mouse scale to 2.0x you would run the following in the monitor:
For 0.5x scale
0.25x scale
and if you want to save the settings so that they persist:
Another long-shot would be to see if your mouse behaves better in "boot mode" rather than full usb report mode.
(you may need to power cycle for boot/report mode changes to take effect, I can't remember)
If that didn't make any difference, then I would put it back to 1 again. Not all usb mice support "boot mode".
(same as above but write a 1 instead of 0 into register $21)
Not sure if this will help in your case but you could try turning down the usb-mouse scaler in case it's the TOS side which is freaking out by the large numbers/quick movements.
There is no fancy, or even non-fancy, program to configure CKBD specific features yet but you can do so from the Raven monitor.
Enter it by pressing the NMI button if you have a serial connection.
Alternatively, by running c:\raven\mon.tos in which case you don't need a serial connection.
The scalar is an 8.8 fixed point number where the decimal lives in register $14 and the whole in register $15
(The default is 1.0 which is the same as register $14=0 and register $15=1)
for example; if you want to set usb mouse scale to 2.0x you would run the following in the monitor:
Code: Select all
kbd set $14 0
kbd set $15 2
Code: Select all
kbd set $14 128
kbd set $15 0
Code: Select all
kbd set $14 64
kbd set $15 0
and if you want to save the settings so that they persist:
Code: Select all
kbd saveAnother long-shot would be to see if your mouse behaves better in "boot mode" rather than full usb report mode.
Code: Select all
kbd set $21 0
kbd save
If that didn't make any difference, then I would put it back to 1 again. Not all usb mice support "boot mode".
(same as above but write a 1 instead of 0 into register $21)
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Oh, and speaking of ckbd.
You can change the ckbd communication speed. The default is 7812 like standard IKBD/Eiffel but CKBD can go higher and I've been running mine at 125000 since, well forever now, and I think maybe I should just make that default.
from the monitor:
0 is the default for 7812 and each increment effectively doubles the rate.
You can change the ckbd communication speed. The default is 7812 like standard IKBD/Eiffel but CKBD can go higher and I've been running mine at 125000 since, well forever now, and I think maybe I should just make that default.
from the monitor:
Code: Select all
cfg ikbd_baud 4
reset
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Thinks a lot, @agranlund
Traveling this week, but I will check this out during next weekend
Cheers
Michael
Traveling this week, but I will check this out during next weekend
Cheers
Michael
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
some of the interesting ckbd registers:
$10,$11 ps2 mouse scale
$12,$13 ps2 mouse wheel scale
$14,$15 usb mouse scale
$16,$17 usb mouse wheel scale
$18,$19 joyport mouse scale
$22 joyport mouse type (0=atari, 1=amiga)
$10,$11 ps2 mouse scale
$12,$13 ps2 mouse wheel scale
$14,$15 usb mouse scale
$16,$17 usb mouse wheel scale
$18,$19 joyport mouse scale
$22 joyport mouse type (0=atari, 1=amiga)
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Thanks for all that @agranlund I'll give it a go too as hopefully it'll let me use the matching mouse to the keyboard and will free up a USB socket then.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
-
Mikerochip
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:38 pm
- Location: Ireland
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
I stuck little lables on the shield pcb, if anyone wants or likes it?
Criticisms welcome
I should really make a version where the screw holes are used to hold the pcb in place...
Criticisms welcome
I should really make a version where the screw holes are used to hold the pcb in place...
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Looks good to me
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

