Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

A homemade Atari-like computer based on 68060 and various Atari ST like peripherals
LarryL
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by LarryL »

redpixel wrote: Mon Oct 13, 2025 5:13 pm
Good luck with the build! Let me know if you have any PCB's (or for that matter components) left over, I'd be interested in buying them. I'm also very tempted to build a Raven! But it feels stupid to buy all PCB's by myself when there's often a minimum quantity when ordering. :)
Thanks!

I might have exactly one set available - most probably.
Waiting for another colleague who’s still thinking about it - but he might say no.

Just started the Mainboard production at JLCPCB with most of the SMD parts pre-assembled (only the MAX3245, the XR68, the 16245, the 24MHz OSC and the 1N914 have to be added - and of course all the THT parts). The CKBDs are already fully assembled. the other PCBs (SIMM, PLCC-ROM, programmer, IDEswap) are blank.
All PCB are black, of course :-)

I am traveling the rest of the week, so let’s catch up next week - then I should know if the set will be available

Cheers
Michael
redpixel
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:57 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by redpixel »

LarryL wrote: Mon Oct 13, 2025 6:12 pm I am traveling the rest of the week, so let’s catch up next week - then I should know if the set will be available
Sounds great, thanks a lot! :)
User avatar
danboid
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by danboid »

Cyprian wrote: Sat Aug 30, 2025 12:27 pm is there any chance for VME port in Raven?


StarTrack VME is coming: https://www.atari.org.pl/forum/viewtopi ... 92#p322692
StaryTryk.jpg
I've never seen so many caps crammed into such a small area. Doesn't look healthy to me.
The 'Uzebox Omega is a fully open source games console that you can build in a weekend, even with no previous electronics experience:

https://uzebox.org/wiki/Omega
User avatar
danboid
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by danboid »

How many Ravens have been fully built now?
The 'Uzebox Omega is a fully open source games console that you can build in a weekend, even with no previous electronics experience:

https://uzebox.org/wiki/Omega
User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7620
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by PhilC »

@agranlund finally got my new programming laptop set up and I can confirm it's Nessi_250714.jed that won't work in my Raven.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
User avatar
agranlund
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by agranlund »

PhilC wrote: Mon Oct 20, 2025 1:45 pm @agranlund finally got my new programming laptop set up and I can confirm it's Nessi_250714.jed that won't work in my Raven.
Thanks, in that case I should probably revert those changes if they aren't ready for general use.
They were for getting different cf-cards working other than the "Kingston Canvas Focus" model that I had been using.
LarryL
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by LarryL »

Hi,
Just a quick question „in between“…
I have build a few CKBDs
Since I have to wait a little more until my Raven boards and components arrive, I wanted to test the CKBD boards
I simply used an external Eiffel board, replaced the Atmega with the programmed CKBD board and connected it to my TT
Worked pretty well, I.e. USB-Mouse & -Keyboard works, as well as Joysticks on both ports.
The only issue is, that mouse movement is not smooth at all - it is somehow trembling (not sure if this is the right English term, sorry)
Did anybody else tested the CKBD outside the Raven?

Cheers
Michael
User avatar
agranlund
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by agranlund »

danboid wrote: Thu Oct 16, 2025 1:08 pm How many Ravens have been fully built now?
I think maybe 12 in various stages but unsure if all are fully up and running?
LarryL
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by LarryL »

agranlund wrote: Tue Oct 21, 2025 8:25 am
danboid wrote: Thu Oct 16, 2025 1:08 pm How many Ravens have been fully built now?
I think maybe 12 in various stages but unsure if all are fully up and running?
expect 5 more until end of 2025 :D
User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7620
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by PhilC »

As mentioned by PM, I'm hoping I've fixed my GD5434 issue but will need to do more testing.

Just done the filtrate Weston the card ran with 80mhz MCLK and prepare for more daft figures :lol:

17610533868162868858644514630195.jpg
17610533868162868858644514630195.jpg (290.09 KiB) Viewed 565 times
176105347119190269651213014805.jpg
176105347119190269651213014805.jpg (412.55 KiB) Viewed 565 times
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Post Reply

Return to “RAVEN 060 - A homemade Atari-like computer”