Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

A homemade Atari-like computer based on 68060 and various Atari ST like peripherals
User avatar
agranlund
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by agranlund »

Yeah sorry I should get rid of that topmost unnumbered changes descriptions — now that you mention it I realize it probably doesn’t belong in that file.

I kept track of work in progress stuff under the xxxxxxx description until being included (or not) in a proper numbered release.

So in this case, there is no new changes to firmware in the 250827 release package.
luciodra
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:59 pm
Location: Rome

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by luciodra »

Another doubt concerns the Samtec SWT-122-01-F-D-RA component for building the byteswap adapter, because I only find the Samtec SQT-122-01-F-D-RA: is it the same thing? Thank you. You are doing a great job!
Raven 060 rev 6 96MHz
ET4000AX 1Mb T0
PicoGUS 2.0
User avatar
agranlund
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by agranlund »

luciodra wrote: Thu Aug 28, 2025 9:31 am I only find the Samtec SQT-122-01-F-D-RA: is it the same thing?
I double checked my order history and indeed, the part I ordered was SQT-122-01-F-D-RA and not SWT-.
Thank you! I have corrected that typo in the readme now :)
luciodra
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:59 pm
Location: Rome

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by luciodra »

agranlund wrote: Thu Aug 28, 2025 10:14 am
luciodra wrote: Thu Aug 28, 2025 9:31 am I only find the Samtec SQT-122-01-F-D-RA: is it the same thing?
I double checked my order history and indeed, the part I ordered was SQT-122-01-F-D-RA and not SWT-.
Thank you! I have corrected that typo in the readme now :)
Can I ask you where you ordered from?
Raven 060 rev 6 96MHz
ET4000AX 1Mb T0
PicoGUS 2.0
User avatar
agranlund
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by agranlund »

@luciodra , I got them from Mouser but I had enough other stuff in my "waiting to order" list to reach the point of free shipping.
luciodra
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:59 pm
Location: Rome

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by luciodra »

I'm trying my 5420 but there are only a couple of resolutions that I can match. Now I have a nice 640x480x4 that I couldn't use before. The other resolutions don't even fiddle with VMG but nothing...
Raven 060 rev 6 96MHz
ET4000AX 1Mb T0
PicoGUS 2.0
User avatar
agranlund
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by agranlund »

@luciodra , I wonder if my code is failing to detect the GD5420 variant.
That card doesn't support linear access to the full framebuffer, but the driver is meant to support larger-than-vga resolutions by help of automatic bank switching.

Would be interesting to see what the serial logging says when you use the attached debug build (goes in c:/nova/default/auto)

emulator.prg.zip
(11.44 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
!Message from: Moderator
@agranlund, we have placed your attachments in-line so they display correctly in your post. Here's the how-to guide.
Last edited by exxos on Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachments placed inline
luciodra
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:59 pm
Location: Rome

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by luciodra »

A little better but...first the screen remained black, now white and then a ghost screen.
Ah,the 640x480x4 screen no longer works. No, after a minute of black screen, a color screen opens.
Raven 060 rev 6 96MHz
ET4000AX 1Mb T0
PicoGUS 2.0
User avatar
agranlund
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by agranlund »

Yeah it wasn't intending to fix anything. I wast mostly, or rather only, interested in seeing what it printed to the serial output.
User avatar
PhilC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7620
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Post by PhilC »

Are we still able to use the SMT EPROM Simms? Iight make up one if so.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Post Reply

Return to “RAVEN 060 - A homemade Atari-like computer”