Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
I chased more red herrings than I care to admit today, but in the end I did find a more or less suitable location to hijack Nova VDI's scroll routine for VT52 console. Cirrus and WDC cards are now scrolling it quite fast with the blitter 
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Oh that's good, when viewing addresses on Mon.TOS it was painfully slow.agranlund wrote: Sat Aug 23, 2025 9:29 pm I chased more red herrings than I care to admit today, but in the end I did find a more or less suitable location to hijack Nova VDI's scroll routine for VT52 console. Cirrus and WDC cards are now scrolling it quite fast with the blitter![]()
Gembench results compared to an STFM with the Raven@640x580x256 and with the GD5429 ram at 83mhz are getting amusing.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
- mrbombermillzy
- Moderator

- Posts: 2433
- Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:37 pm
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Ahem! Tut-tut.PhilC wrote: Sun Aug 24, 2025 1:26 pm Gembench results compared to an STFM with the Raven@640x580x256 and with the GD5429 ram at 83mhz are getting amusing.
Seriously though, its looking like the Raven can realistically be able to run GEM/VDI output games.
You should try running the Shadow of the Beast GEM demo on it.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
@mrbombermillzy Oh I know my typing is bad 
I'll see if I can find the demo and try it.
I'll see if I can find the demo and try it.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
- mrbombermillzy
- Moderator

- Posts: 2433
- Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:37 pm
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
I think its in here Phil:
Last edited by exxos on Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spacing around attachments corrected
Reason: Spacing around attachments corrected
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Yes it seems to run that and most of the others quite happily too.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
- mrbombermillzy
- Moderator

- Posts: 2433
- Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:37 pm
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
On a regular 68000 Atari it runs very slowly. (IIRC 1-3 FPS).PhilC wrote: Sun Aug 24, 2025 3:13 pmYes it seems to run that and most of the others quite happily too.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Uploaded a new release zip based on latest code.
https://github.com/agranlund/raven/rele ... A1.latest
I think the main point of interest is the graphics driver.
(you'll need to update the rom for the rvnova vga driver to work)
https://github.com/agranlund/raven/rele ... A1.latest
I think the main point of interest is the graphics driver.
(you'll need to update the rom for the rvnova vga driver to work)
Code: Select all
20250827:
rom: updated to EmuTOS 1.4
rom: x86 emulation bugfix
rvnova: Cirrus Logic GD54xx driver (blitter support)
rvnova: WDC90C31 driver (blitter support)
rvnova: OAK driver
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
And updated again with a temporary workaround for SDL picking the wrong resolution (thanks for noticing that @PhilC !)
https://github.com/agranlund/raven/rele ... .A1.latest
The only file updated since last post is c:\nova\default\auto\sta_vdi.bib
For now, I just removed the 320x200x16bpp resolution since SDL appears to pick that over the 8bpp variant when both are available -- I'll take a look at the SDL side a bit later.
This issue was only seen with the 'default' driver since the resolution lists for the other ones had only 8bpp for 320x200 already.
https://github.com/agranlund/raven/rele ... .A1.latest
The only file updated since last post is c:\nova\default\auto\sta_vdi.bib
For now, I just removed the 320x200x16bpp resolution since SDL appears to pick that over the 8bpp variant when both are available -- I'll take a look at the SDL side a bit later.
This issue was only seen with the 'default' driver since the resolution lists for the other ones had only 8bpp for 320x200 already.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
I did not quite understand if and which update must be used.
Raven 060 rev 6 96MHz
ET4000AX 1Mb T0
PicoGUS 2.0
ET4000AX 1Mb T0
PicoGUS 2.0
