Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

All about the ST536 030 ST booster.
superchill
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2026 4:59 pm

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Post by superchill »

Declaring interest if another run of boards is produced
Marcopolomint1
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2026 2:37 pm

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Post by Marcopolomint1 »

First post here in this forum so thankyou for add. Have just received my STE in many years since being a long time owner in my teens. New PC purchased with the sole purpose of modding/Upgrading.

Declaring buyer interest in the STE536 Accelerator. Would rather take this route than v1 STE booster.

What is the present state of play with this project? Apologies if wrong section to add this.
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29349
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Post by exxos »

Marcopolomint1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2026 2:46 pm What is the present state of play with this project? Apologies if wrong section to add this.
I've not had chance to work on it for some time. I need to finish the ST536 and make sure it's reliable before porting again to the STE536. All my time has gone on server related stuff and I've been busy with work etc. Never enough hours in the day..
corytryan
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2026 2:56 am

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Post by corytryan »

I would also like to declare my interest in a STE536, I would actually be happy to prepay for one.
Marcopolomint1
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2026 2:37 pm

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Post by Marcopolomint1 »

With second hand Falcon getting super scarce and super expensive and the easy availability of the STE it does make a huge amount of sense this. What quantity on a first batch make it viable? 10? 50? (assuming the demand is there?). STE536 looks around 7-8MIPS, Stock Falcon 3-4MIPS interestingly.
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29349
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Post by exxos »

Marcopolomint1 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:50 pm With second hand Falcon getting super scarce and super expensive and the easy availability of the STE it does make a huge amount of sense this. What quantity on a first batch make it viable? 10? 50? (assuming the demand is there?). STE536 looks around 7-8MIPS, Stock Falcon 3-4MIPS interestingly.
Its still under development, the ST536 is ongoing as I keep finding issues. Once I'm happy with the ST536 I'll port back to the ST536.
kgilmore
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2025 10:36 am

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Post by kgilmore »

exxos wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:30 pm
Marcopolomint1 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:50 pm With second hand Falcon getting super scarce and super expensive and the easy availability of the STE it does make a huge amount of sense this. What quantity on a first batch make it viable? 10? 50? (assuming the demand is there?). STE536 looks around 7-8MIPS, Stock Falcon 3-4MIPS interestingly.
Its still under development, the ST536 is ongoing as I keep finding issues. Once I'm happy with the ST536 I'll port back to the ST536.
Are you referring to the STE536 or the ST536 here? I'd love one for my Mega ST but I thought the ST536 was discontinued back in 2024?
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29349
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Post by exxos »

kgilmore wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:25 am Are you referring to the STE536 or the ST536 here? I'd love one for my Mega ST but I thought the ST536 was discontinued back in 2024?
It was discontinued, but people harassed me to bring the project back. Theres been ongoing development for a long time.

viewtopic.php?t=3992&start=1090#p146166

Theres no point respinning the STE536 until I've squashed all the bugs on the ST536. Though oddly the STE536 had almost no issues over the ST version even though its the same project.
Post Reply

Return to “ST536 030 ST ACCELERATOR”