Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

Basilisk II Atari

General Discussion, STOS.
mcknopf
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Re: Basilisk II Atari

Post by mcknopf »

Basilisk works fine with sound at my Falcon in 030 mode but it hangs in 060 mode (CT63). Same configuration. Anyone who runs it with sound in 060 mode?
coonsgm
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:30 am

Re: Basilisk II Atari

Post by coonsgm »

I’ve not been able to get sound to work without crashing running on the CT63. Also you need to use a different Mac ROM when running in CT63 vs 030 mode.

The Quadra 650 ROM is the one I use.
piku
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 23, 2026 10:10 pm

Re: Basilisk II Atari

Post by piku »

I love the idea of this but I can't use it on my falcon. I get a white screen with black border. This happens with radeon and on videl. I cannot turn off TOS in ram in CT60 firmware version 2.0 or greater. I am running 2.02.
User avatar
agranlund
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Basilisk II Atari

Post by agranlund »

piku wrote: Sat May 23, 2026 10:12 pm I love the idea of this but I can't use it on my falcon. I get a white screen with black border. This happens with radeon and on videl. I cannot turn off TOS in ram in CT60 firmware version 2.0 or greater. I am running 2.02.
Most likely the culprit is incompatibility with CT60 TOS-in-RAM option.
I'm guessing that feature probably use the PMMU to relocate TOS and Basilisk isn't smart enough to keep and work with an existing PMMU table but instead creates its own new one. So if something relied on an existing custom PMMU setup then that something is basically toast.
I'm pretty sure I had a todo note about this back then, but chances of it happening anytime soon are quite slim.

Edit; chances of it happening at some point is at least not zero :)
I would need to add support for exactly that when I have a proper go at making Basilisk work on Raven.
That might also generally clean up how it works on 68060. I had no experience with 040+ cpus back then and no machine to test on myself so CT60 support was done mostly in blind. It may or may not play nice with copyback cache or maybe require the CT60 5s delay hack.
dad664npc
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:32 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Basilisk II Atari

Post by dad664npc »

Thought I'd give it a go with pistorm jit. After some teething trouble (usb mouse, read-only mounts and learning the nuances of basilisk), I now have basilisk working with APJ-OS. I had to downgrade the graphics to 16bit for basilisk. Performance looks good, but I don't have any comparisons to measure against.

screendump15.png
screendump15.png (183.69 KiB) Viewed 83 times
Last edited by exxos on Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spacing around attachments corrected
ATARI STfm, STe, Mega ST, TT
Amstrad CPC464, CPC6128
PiStorm dev - https://github.com/gotaproblem/pistorm-atari
PiStorm JIT dev - https://github.com/gotaproblem/pistorm-atari-jit
Pico HDC - https://bbansolutions.co.uk
User avatar
Badwolf
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 3119
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Basilisk II Atari

Post by Badwolf »

dad664npc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:40 am Thought I'd give it a go with pistorm jit. After some teething trouble (usb mouse, read-only mounts and learning the nuances of basilisk), I know have basilisk working with APJ-OS. I had to downgrade the graphics to 16bit for basilisk. Performance looks good, but I don't have any comparisons to measure against.screendump15.png
Very cool.

I ran a number of old Mac games on my Falcon at the first Cyberlegends. The one that sticks in my mind as being a bit of a slideshow was F/A-18.

I rather suspect it will do well on your super-atari-mac. The demo is nice and small. Perhaps give that a try with the settings all turned up? :lol:

https://classicmacdemos.com/fa-18-hornet-30

BW

PS. It can also run UAE for Mac if you want to add another level of indirection to the mix. 8-)
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
jwd
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:23 am
Location: Ruislip

Re: Basilisk II Atari

Post by jwd »

Badwolf wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 10:52 am
dad664npc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:40 am Thought I'd give it a go with pistorm jit. After some teething trouble (usb mouse, read-only mounts and learning the nuances of basilisk), I know have basilisk working with APJ-OS. I had to downgrade the graphics to 16bit for basilisk. Performance looks good, but I don't have any comparisons to measure against.screendump15.png
Very cool.

I ran a number of old Mac games on my Falcon at the first Cyberlegends. The one that sticks in my mind as being a bit of a slideshow was F/A-18.

I rather suspect it will do well on your super-atari-mac. The demo is nice and small. Perhaps give that a try with the settings all turned up? :lol:

https://classicmacdemos.com/fa-18-hornet-30

BW

PS. It can also run UAE for Mac if you want to add another level of indirection to the mix. 8-)
Yeh I remember that, was really cool, what was the Golf game you were running too ?
Post Reply

Return to “SOFTWARE”