Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
User avatar
alexh
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 1445
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by alexh »

Have the prices of Falcon chipsets been affected by the reFalcon project yet? Last time I looked :

Combel (C302284) $45
Videl (C302829) $45
DSP (C303002) $45
SDMA (C302996) $45
SCSI (C302897) $45
Codec (C303170) $40
GALS $100

And that's only about half the chipset, you've got the ST chips YM, LMC, MFP etc
Senior Principal ASIC Engineer - SystemVerilog, VHDL
Thalion Webshrine - http://thalion.atari.org
ST,STf,STfm,STe,MegaST,MegaSTe,Falcon060
A500+,A600,A4000/060,CD32,CDTV
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29377
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by exxos »

Expensive yeah.. I've been down that road before with people. They just keep throwing cash at the thing but eventually I just decline to work on it after awhile. Things fast turn into a money pit and I don't like taking people's money if it's not getting any results. If the main chips have to be replaced, I'd probably not want to spend the time on it at that point.
Steve
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3399
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:49 am

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Post by Steve »

alexh wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2026 3:44 pm Have the prices of Falcon chipsets been affected by the reFalcon project yet? Last time I looked :
Last time I checked a few years ago they were those prices, so it seems they haven't changed.
Post Reply

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”