Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
General Stuff(tm)
Re: General Stuff(tm)
Good that the ram is now stable, that's annoying about the keyboard.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
- stephen_usher
- Site sponsor

- Posts: 7581
- Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm
- Location: Oxford, UK.
- Contact:
Re: General Stuff(tm)
Yeah, and "load" programs aren't loading from tape but short ones are. Possible bank switching issues as well?
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
- rubber_jonnie
- Site Admin

- Posts: 15320
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm
- Location: Essex
- Contact:
Re: General Stuff(tm)
Doesn't sound like you're having much luck with it!stephen_usher wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:57 pm Yeah, and "load" programs aren't loading from tape but short ones are. Possible bank switching issues as well?
What looks after the bank switching and how does the machine determine which bank the code goes into? I presume it bank switches anything above 64KB or is it anythig over 48KB?
I'm sure it isn't, but have you tried a different ROM, the original one I made for my Enterprise cause a ton of weirdness and it was fixed by burning a new ROM.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
- stephen_usher
- Site sponsor

- Posts: 7581
- Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm
- Location: Oxford, UK.
- Contact:
Re: General Stuff(tm)
This is probably why the bus isn't getting held up correctly... The cursor signal from the 6845 never overlaps with the pulse allowing the 4538 to raise the bus request line. They miss by about 2.8uS.
@rubber_jonnie I've tried rewriting the ROMs but there's only one set of images I can find on the Internet.
From what I can work out the bank switching is done using an I/O port. On the 96K it swaps the ROMs in and out and overlays memory on top of those addresses.
@rubber_jonnie I've tried rewriting the ROMs but there's only one set of images I can find on the Internet.
From what I can work out the bank switching is done using an I/O port. On the 96K it swaps the ROMs in and out and overlays memory on top of those addresses.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
