:-O How is that possible? I admit, I haven't looked into Raven's graphics setup too much, I kind of assumed it uses Idek's NOVA drivers, just built-in = support for ET4000, Mach32 and Mach64 at most.agranlund wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 10:47 am Cirrus GD5434 is fully supported with hw acceleration with the rvnova svga driver![]()
Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)
Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Yes, it’s the normal ET4000 driver binary from Idek, but attacked and patched at runtime as it starts up.
Pretty much any VGA card will work in standard VGA modes (320x200x8bpp, 640x480x4bpp)
Some cards have SVGA support.
And only a few with hw accelerated VDI;
Cirrus GD5426,5428,5429,5434
Western digital WD90C31
Here be dragons;
https://github.com/agranlund/raven/blob ... iver/vdi.c
Pretty much any VGA card will work in standard VGA modes (320x200x8bpp, 640x480x4bpp)
Some cards have SVGA support.
And only a few with hw accelerated VDI;
Cirrus GD5426,5428,5429,5434
Western digital WD90C31
Here be dragons;
https://github.com/agranlund/raven/blob ... iver/vdi.c
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Very nice! So you are saying that I should purchase the card, even if I'm not a Raven user yet. 
-
Atarian Computing
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:27 am
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Join us! And yes, the GD5434 is, in my opinion, the best Raven gfx card at the moment. Only the Mach64 has the potential to get #1 if it were to ever work.mikro wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:12 am Very nice! So you are saying that I should purchase the card, even if I'm not a Raven user yet.![]()
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
I’d like to get one, is there any chance it would work on a Raven?kodak80 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:58 pm Just gonna put this here as it would be interesting to see if it works in the Raven...![]()
Video, sound and networking a single ISA card.
https://pcmidi.eu/sonicvisionpro.html
SonicVision Pro is now available for pre-orders...
svpro-proto2.jpg
370 euros isn't a small amount, but a used 5434 doesn't cost all that much less...
Raven 060 rev 6 96MHz
ET4000AX 1Mb T0
PicoGUS 2.0
ET4000AX 1Mb T0
PicoGUS 2.0
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Oh wow, that's a fair chunk of change!luciodra wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:04 pm I’d like to get one, is there any chance it would work on a Raven?![]()
370 euros isn't a small amount, but a used 5434 doesn't cost all that much less...
But I agree, a used 5434 if you can at all find one isn't exactly cheap either.
Besides the gfxcard there's a decent chance for the rest of the stuff on the card working too.
OPTI may need an rvsnd plugin, don't know if it starts up with all mixer channels muted by default.
Website says their PCMIDI MPU401 clone is fully compatible with both UART and Intelligent mode.
RTL8019 is likely wired up to accept PnP config since they mention it doesn't need jumpers.
Although for 300 eur less, an entry level GD5426 is a pretty attractive option too:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/168590191643
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Took a while to get around to testing them but PWM and ARGB headers are functioning as expected.
I plan on exposing just some basic settings for this in the bios setup screen.
And an API that could be used by some dedicated argb software/tsr for fancier effects if someone wants to make such a thing.
I plan on exposing just some basic settings for this in the bios setup screen.
And an API that could be used by some dedicated argb software/tsr for fancier effects if someone wants to make such a thing.
Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
That looks good and means I won't need an rgb controller on my next build.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.


