Can all registered uses please login, even just for a few minutes..
It helps build a picture where our "good traffic" is coming from..
Thanks :)

3D printer filament non-flammable?

This chat forum will appear to guests and bots. IE will appear on search engines etc. If you do not want your appearing publicly then please use the original chat forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29366
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

3D printer filament non-flammable?

Post by exxos »

I was looking to see what filaments are classified as flame resistant but could only find this.

https://prusament.com/materials/prusament-petg-v0/

It's something I never thought of until literally just because if plastic is being used anywhere near mains, then the filament should be flame resistant, but basically there doesn't seem to be hardly anything around with the UL certification. :roll:

It's only available in black or white as well.
User avatar
stephen_usher
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Posts: 7610
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Oxford, UK.
Contact:

Re: 3D printer filament non-flammable?

Post by stephen_usher »

I've no idea if polylactic acid (PLA) burns. Never tried it. Probably smells of burnt milk if it does.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
User avatar
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 29366
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: 3D printer filament non-flammable?

Post by exxos »

I'll try setting fire to petg see what happens when I get chance. Maybe soak it in ipa to give it a bit of a kick first..
Post Reply

Return to “CHAT FORUM PUBLIC”