Page 1 of 1

SideCartridge Multidevice now supports TT & Falcon

Posted: 07 Oct 2026 11:21
by alexh
This news is a little late, it was released over a week ago. Previously SideCartridge Multidevice only supported ROM emulation microfirmware on the TT/Falcon (and Diego categorically said he was never going to develop Multidrive microfirmware beyond TOS 2.06) but the latest release v1.2.0 now supports Gemdrive (hard drive) and FDD (floppy disk) emulation on both TT TOS3.06 and Falcon TOS 4.04 (I'm not sure if they support older TOS versions on these platforms, that is just what it says below)

https://x.com/sidecartridge/status/2104 ... 40658?s=20

If you've never used one, they are excellent. You can download files, disk images and rom images to the SD card in the Sidecartridge using the app on your phone (or from your PC/Mac).

I don't know if it supports networking yet... I'll ask.

Re: SideCartridge Multidevice now supports TT & Falcon

Posted: 07 Oct 2026 16:55
by Darklord
It's kinda funny but I gave 2 SidecarTridge devices away as prizes at DarkForce! before
I ever bought one and used it for myself.

I've been nothing but impressed so far. :)

After setting up STing manually before (and ROUTE.TAB!), it was amazing to simply run
an install program and have it do all the work, adjusting ROUTE.TAB for you :!:

BTW, you mentioned TOS v2.06 in a post at the site, if I understood correctly. I'm using
my SidecarTridge with TOS v3.06 here on my Pak 68/3 equipped STacy and it works
great.

It made me really happy since the NetUSBee won't work with the Pak 68/3 board.

Thanks.

Re: SideCartridge Multidevice now supports TT & Falcon

Posted: 07 Oct 2026 17:20
by alexh
Darklord wrote: 07 Oct 2026 16:55 you mentioned TOS v2.06 in a post at the site, if I understood correctly. I'm using
my SidecarTridge with TOS v3.06 here on my Pak 68/3 equipped STacy and it works
great
Support for TOS v3.06 has been added recently (at least for the Multi-drive uFW). How long ago I don't know (I don't have a TT or a turbocard).

I had assumed it was at the same time as TOS v4.04 support was added?

You're using the MD/Net uFW with TOS v3.06? There is nothing on Neil's Website to say it supports TT. Maybe reach out to him?

BTW: If anyone (with lots of technical knowledge) wants to see what it's like to have a SideCartridge MultiDevice there is an add-on for Hatari. It's not plug and play but looks interesting.

https://github.com/neilrackett/emumd