Page 1 of 1

Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Posted: 03 Oct 2026 01:19
by exxos
PCB only is quickest to market. As MW modules are hard and expensive to source in the uk, people buy their own.

Or Meanwell modules pre-fitted.

Or rehash the current PSU design. Not using a transformer but 12v module front end. 5v and 3.3v get their own exxos regulation circuits where voltages can be adjusted. This would likely be the most expensive and time consuming method.

Obviously there needs to be enough demand to make them worthwhile the time and costs.

Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Posted: 03 Oct 2026 04:04
by mikro
I don't really care about how / what is it made from, as an end user I'd appreciate:

- easy fitting (no drilling holes, ideally using the existing ones the switch etc)

- no collision with ct60, ct63, ct60e + peripherals (ctpci, ethernat, supervidel -- taking some space on the right side)

- working for both 030 and 060

Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Posted: 03 Oct 2026 09:19
by Steve
Yeah and in my experience I think most people would like something fully built and ready to go, if people have to source power modules or do their own soldering I think it'd reduce your sales quite significantly.

Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Posted: 03 Oct 2026 14:22
by alexh
I would want something fully assembled and tested.

What I liked about the CT60PSU was it's fitting. It fitted perfectly.

All the cables were the correct length.

The 3D printed plastics meant it looked stock. Plus the speaker carrier was very cool if like me you wanted it to keep it as close to stock as possible

The PicoPSU that I had previously was a fudge and I never liked it

Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?

Posted: 03 Oct 2026 16:02
by exxos
I'm all for easy install. But things like connectors on mains I draw the line at. Having worked on various electronics and electromechanical equipment, failures were, for the most part, always connectors.

So there's the problem.. People want plug and play and go with such solutions over mine because my stuff needs soldering. People see quick and simple as better, when in my experience, it's not.

Take for example enclosed fuse holders. I've seen so many melt into a blob.. Constant use, a bit of heat builds up, contacts tend to ark even a tiny bit. Starts to heat up the fuse and holder.. 6 months later it's not even recognisable as a fuse holder anymore..