Page 9 of 9

Re: Supercomputing adventures with a MegaST/4

Posted: 03 Oct 2026 21:21
by dml
alexh wrote: 03 Oct 2026 20:55 Wowsers. Where did you find something like that? I've had my eye open everywhere but only seen prices skyrocket since the launch of ATW800/2
I found a bunch of them listed as just 'CTX002' surplus with no mention of Transputer etc. so they probably went under the radar. When I zoomed in and saw the 'T800' I grabbed one. Spent a good while trying to reverse the layout. When it started looking like it was going to work (and I had already removed and tested one of the modules) I grabbed some more. There were still a bunch left at that point but checking recently the others have vanished.

I think the original machine had 8 or 12 of them.

[EDIT]

I think GeekDot very recently released his gerbers for the 2MB SRAM custom TRAMs. There is also a new github page with a TRAM carrier design & gerbers. I will probably be letting a few loose CPUs go at some point as I'm not planning to extend this thing any further.

Re: Supercomputing adventures with a MegaST/4

Posted: 03 Oct 2026 21:34
by dml
The bare TRAM design:

https://github.com/axelmuhr/AM-B404


The 4x carrier:

https://github.com/dg1vs/Transputer-Base-Board


Also a new FPGA implementation of T805+T425 (Tang Nano 20k) on one TRAM.

https://github.com/dg1vs/Transputer-TRAM-TangNano/

Re: Supercomputing adventures with a MegaST/4

Posted: 04 Oct 2026 00:25
by Badwolf
dml wrote: 03 Oct 2026 20:26 So this is the final thing, sort of. It doesn't have a box though.
Very cool. Hard to get a judge on scale. Bigger than a typical hobby box, I think.

Are we talking micro ATX kind of size, or much smaller than that?

Perhaps scope for a laser cut acrylic stack à la Raspberry Pi cases of old?

Definitely needs to be made swanky. :)

BW.