Page 9 of 34

Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 02 Jul 2021 19:24
by sporniket
Release Candidate #2 coming soon...

2021-07-02--ERC-ok.png
2021-07-02--ERC-ok.png (22.34 KiB) Viewed 4388 times

Edit : the pdf of rc2

c300780-001--Atari-STe-Motherboard.pdf
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 127 times

Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 10 Jul 2021 22:07
by sporniket
After the tedious task of designing and assigning footprints, let's start the fun !

2021-07-10--entering-the-dungeon.png
2021-07-10--entering-the-dungeon.png (296.42 KiB) Viewed 4350 times

What's nice, is that all the components from the same subsheet are grouped together in an easy to select rectangle, allowing to work sheet by sheet.

2021-07-10--wip.png
2021-07-10--wip.png (836.66 KiB) Viewed 4350 times

I don't plan to do the full trace -yet, never say never-, but while placing, I can trace some obvious paths.

I also plan to promote the Kicad project into its own github repository. For now I prepare the git submodules regarding the custom libraries (symbols, footprint and 3d shapes)

Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 12 Jul 2021 19:15
by sporniket
done placing component from sheet 5 and 6 (I'm going backward)

2021-07-12--sheet-5-to-6.png
2021-07-12--sheet-5-to-6.png (114.5 KiB) Viewed 4317 times

Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 12 Jul 2021 19:16
by exxos
Taking shape :thumbup:

Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 12 Jul 2021 19:41
by DoG
4 layer or are you doing 2 layer?

Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 12 Jul 2021 21:37
by sporniket
exxos wrote: 12 Jul 2021 19:16 Taking shape :thumbup:
Yes :)
DoG wrote: 12 Jul 2021 19:41 4 layer or are you doing 2 layer?
4 layers, with ground planes on the 2 inner layers.

Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 23:26
by sporniket
Today's progress : sheet 4 is done, and sheet 3 is started, with the floppy drive circuitry.

2021-07-14--wip.png
2021-07-14--wip.png (179.81 KiB) Viewed 4270 times

Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 14 Jul 2021 07:58
by sporniket
2 sheets of components remains to place before doing some more routing. And for that I will need to disassemble my STe more thoroughly to get the motherboard and take plenty of pictures of the solder side.

2021-07-14--close-up--dma-and-co.jpg
2021-07-14--close-up--dma-and-co.jpg (206.75 KiB) Viewed 4244 times

and a little timelapse (very flickering as I alternate between pictures and kicad)



Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 14 Jul 2021 08:40
by DoG
Great progress!

Re: Sporniket's log on hardware stuff

Posted: 14 Jul 2021 09:20
by sporniket
DoG wrote: 14 Jul 2021 08:40Great progress!
thanks :)