Page 26 of 26

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 15:37
by rubber_jonnie
OK, so it's reassembled RAM is all good, but the FDD board no longer works. I'm guessing I need to work on alignment next..

Ho Hum.

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 15:48
by rubber_jonnie
Minor tweak to remove some material from the front corner of the edge connnector on the FDD board and it's working a treat.

I also added composite out when I buttoned it up:

PXL_20261009_124322166.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg
PXL_20261009_124322166.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg (164.79 KiB) Viewed 19 times
PXL_20261009_124337063.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg
PXL_20261009_124337063.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg (255.94 KiB) Viewed 19 times
PXL_20261009_125828301.jpg
PXL_20261009_125828301.jpg (388.43 KiB) Viewed 19 times

Picture quality isn't fabulous but it's fine for a quick hook up and at some point in the future I'm planning to try hooking up to an RGB2HDMI.

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 16:52
by rubber_jonnie
All buttoned up and running a treat:

PXL_20261009_154840443.MP.jpg
PXL_20261009_154840443.MP.jpg (348.1 KiB) Viewed 15 times

512KB RAM expansion and Pear EXDOS FDD controller with Gotek. Also added composite out.

Pleased how far this machine has come and I'm considering getting another, its a fab machine.

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 16:54
by stephen_usher
Yay!

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 16:59
by rubber_jonnie
stephen_usher wrote: 09 Oct 2026 16:54Yay!
Yay indeed, pretty happy with the results considering the amount of silt inside it when it arrived!!!