Page 23 of 23

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 05 Oct 2026 15:33
by PhilC
I pinched it too, thanks :lol:

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 05 Oct 2026 17:42
by rubber_jonnie
Well this made me happy:

PXL_20261005_143320809.jpg
PXL_20261005_143320809.jpg (301.17 KiB) Viewed 37 times
PXL_20261005_143409437.jpg
PXL_20261005_143409437.jpg (291.54 KiB) Viewed 37 times

First boot from the FDD card, however all is not 100% happy since it seems the connections are a bit poor between the machine and the card and the slightest speck of dust landing on either makes it keel over!!! It really requires quite the alignment in order to ensure power from the FDD controller finds it's way to the Enterprise too.

However it at least proved the card and proved the Gotek connected to it.

Still no boot since that first time, definitely need to get that edge connector sorted out.

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 05 Oct 2026 19:06
by stephen_usher
Yeah, the edge connector positioning is critical. Even with the case guiding it the positioning isn't foolproof.

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 12:28
by rubber_jonnie
stephen_usher wrote: 05 Oct 2026 19:06 Yeah, the edge connector positioning is critical. Even with the case guiding it the positioning isn't foolproof.
You're not wrong...

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:36
by rubber_jonnie
Ho hum...

Still no RAM IC, though the postie could still come.

Also, looking to see if I can find an alternative edge connector for the FDD card and it seems its 66 pin. I can find 72 pin, & 60 pin, but can I find 66?

Nope, even Ali Express is coming up empty...

Re: Another Egyptian Enterprise 64

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 15:42
by PhilC
@rubber_jonnie that edge connector was the nearest I could find, even on AliExpress.

I was hoping lining up the uncut end would help make sure it fit correctly.