Page 3 of 3

Re: The Falcon030 Vs The Amiga1200 - Malcolm Ramage

Posted: 07 Oct 2026 14:41
by Badwolf
Mid 1993 Silica (from whence my Falcon came) was charging a £999 for the 4MB + hard disc Falcon, although that had a Brucey bonus 80MB hard disc instead of the normal 60MB offering.

A few years later I opened it up to examine upgrading it to 14MB and found it didn't have the normal Atari 1/4MB board either: they'd included a SIMM adapter. Another Brucey.

BW

Re: The Falcon030 Vs The Amiga1200 - Malcolm Ramage

Posted: 07 Oct 2026 16:59
by Darklord
Wow, such a big difference between the UK and the US for the Falcon at that time.

I bought mine in 1992, although I don't remember the month.

Seems like I do remember Atari Corp. making it "dealers only" because I had to drive
1 state over (Kentucky->W.Virginia) to "Elden's Computer Store" to pick mine up. Not
a bad drive though, about an hour and 20 minutes. :)