Page 2 of 2
Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?
Posted: 07 Oct 2026 14:48
by exxos
Well that's annoying, the Falcon switch area is raised up over the ST one, so moving it upwards means theres literally nothing holding it together at that point :roll:
Problem is the raised bit makes not simple printing either.. Time for a rethink.....

- 1.PNG (237.76 KiB) Viewed 33 times

- 2.PNG (191.77 KiB) Viewed 33 times
Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?
Posted: 07 Oct 2026 16:16
by alexh
One of the features of the CT60PSU r2025 was it worked "with and without CT6x". I never tried it without but that would be an interesting feature to retain if possible.
Re: Should exxos design a new CT60 PSU?
Posted: 07 Oct 2026 16:24
by exxos
alexh wrote: 07 Oct 2026 16:16
One of the features of the CT60PSU r2025 was it worked "with and without CT6x". I never tried it without but that would be an interesting feature to retain if possible.
I don't think it would be a problem anyway..
One thing I was thinking yesterday was the actual Falcon power connector would need to be plugged in for the CT60, but not CT60e.. So it makes the connector redundant on the CT60e. But I don't really want to do two different versions either.. It may just end up being a connector flapping around not connected to anything in case of the CT60e.
Or have a connector on a power supply to different cables depending on what is to be connected which may be a better way..
But the problem is space is at a huge premium :( power supply module is going to take up the whole IDE area alone and actual power supply board is probably going to have to go in between the power supply and the floppy drive..
I did think about trying to build the power supply board upside down so it fitted underneath the actual power module.. But that involves two circuit boards.. And ventilation would not be great in that setup as everything would be stacked and there isn't enough height to space anything out.. It is why the power supply board is just going to have to go to the right of the IDE area.. Not totally happy about that idea either because there isn't really any support for the board to be there.. But that's probably the least worst option currently that I can think of..