Page 1 of 1

3D printer filament non-flammable?

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 21:10
by exxos
I was looking to see what filaments are classified as flame resistant but could only find this.

https://prusament.com/materials/prusament-petg-v0/

It's something I never thought of until literally just because if plastic is being used anywhere near mains, then the filament should be flame resistant, but basically there doesn't seem to be hardly anything around with the UL certification. :roll:

It's only available in black or white as well.

Re: 3D printer filament non-flammable?

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 21:29
by stephen_usher
I've no idea if polylactic acid (PLA) burns. Never tried it. Probably smells of burnt milk if it does.

Re: 3D printer filament non-flammable?

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 22:01
by exxos
I'll try setting fire to petg see what happens when I get chance. Maybe soak it in ipa to give it a bit of a kick first..