Page 1 of 5
+++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 14:09
by Icky
This thread is for those attending the event to post and others to virtually see what’s going on and join in.
The hall is beginning to fill up with retro kit

- A6C76314-58C5-4BE9-8294-31B3B80B3764.jpeg (557.68 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

- F410FE81-589C-4275-B317-AAAD718F4FFD.jpeg (478.97 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
Re: +++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 14:20
by exxos
Falcon...open door... Steal it... :lol:
Re: +++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 17:48
by Icky
Re: +++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 19:59
by mgi
Big thanks to everyone for this amazing event! Was great to meet people and to match faces to the users ID.
Really good presentation and demo by
@Icky

- 1277E7A4-89F1-4BE8-BE6C-4AA360BAEC0B.jpeg (564.49 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
I really enjoyed chatting to
@Badwolf and looking at his DFB1

- 84E333C3-6435-4C99-AB16-D74E719E365B.jpeg (696.68 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
Almost bought c128d from
@mrbombermillzy

- D70418C5-CD32-4DE2-A1DB-9C6B9805483E.jpeg (598.15 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
got a book from
@alexh, finally met
@Steve.
Few items I found really interesting:

- 4C290A1A-4AA9-4CDA-89BB-D9D2C6129817.jpeg (492.12 KiB) Viewed 1403 times

- 4593A950-C9D2-49BA-9FEC-361BF3DF2FEE.jpeg (639.83 KiB) Viewed 1403 times

- AB0D9ABB-CAA1-4429-9FD7-33B0FCBB721A.jpeg (595.69 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
Re: +++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 21:56
by exxos
:bravo: :coolpics:
Need arrows pointing out who's who :lol:
Re: +++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 23:10
by Icky
Great event all who came. Enjoyed chatting to many people.
A BIG thank you to @mrbombermillzy for organising the event.
Re: +++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 23:11
by stephen_usher
Did we have the complete production run of Falcons there? It seemed like there were SO many! ;)
Re: +++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 23:12
by stephen_usher
Icky wrote: 24 Sep 2022 23:10
Great event all who came. Enjoyed chatting to many people.
A BIG thank you to @mrbombermillzy for organising the event.
Indeed!
Re: +++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 23:44
by mrbombermillzy
I've finally made it home.
Thanks to everyone for making it a great day.
It was great to meet you all. I hope you enjoyed it.
:)
Re: +++ LIVE - Cyber Legends Retro Event - Live Postings
Posted: 24 Sep 2022 23:49
by Badwolf
Great work,
@mrbombermillzy.
I know it's something that's been suggested many times, but well done to him (and to mrsbombermillzy!) for putting up.
On sightly different scales, but both he and I have agreed for the next time: take fewer exhibits!
Was very nice to meet
@Icky,
@stephen_usher,
@Steve,
@alexh,
@PhilC,
@jwd, the non-forum guys and everyone else I ended up rudely half speaking to whilst trying to get machines working!
I've had a quick look at one or two of the videos I recorded and hope I can do something to make the audio usable (my improvised microphone wasn't a great success) so some of the other users can see what was going on.
Here's one of the many present handsome devils explaining why Exxos can't have this pink case:

- icky_case.png (579.47 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
My corner of the room (note that tea comes before the third exhibit...)

- bw_table.png (660.43 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Steven Usher getting more productivity out of a Sinclair QL than any business in the 80s:

- steven_usher_desk.png (762.74 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Anon!
BW