Page 1 of 12

Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 28 Oct 2020 20:27
by Steve
Welcome to my build log,

I am late to the party when it comes to the new STF project! But gladly I am finally here.

PXL_20201028_202156373.jpg
PXL_20201028_202156373.jpg (392.17 KiB) Viewed 6850 times

Like a great chess player I can already see my first move...

PXL_20201028_202211587.jpg
PXL_20201028_202211587.jpg (250.18 KiB) Viewed 6850 times

Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 28 Oct 2020 20:40
by Steve
Belissimo!

PXL_20201028_203909921.jpg
PXL_20201028_203909921.jpg (203 KiB) Viewed 6844 times

Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 29 Oct 2020 21:21
by Steve
Tonight is sponsored by Buxton Brewery's 'Costa Rican Coffee Extra Porter'

PXL_20201029_210014699.jpg
PXL_20201029_210014699.jpg (360.65 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
FIX 1 (DID BODGE UNDERNEATH)
PXL_20201029_194928716.jpg
PXL_20201029_194928716.jpg (243.91 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
FIX 2:
PXL_20201029_201501157.jpg
PXL_20201029_201501157.jpg (247.63 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
FIX 4:
PXL_20201029_204203978.jpg
PXL_20201029_204203978.jpg (297.08 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
FIX 5:
PXL_20201029_204458132.jpg
PXL_20201029_204458132.jpg (366.07 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
SIDE0 FLOPPY SHORT FIX
PXL_20201029_205534827.jpg
PXL_20201029_205534827.jpg (265.89 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
PART 2 OF FLOPPY SHORT FIX:
PXL_20201029_211349941.jpg
PXL_20201029_211349941.jpg (333.64 KiB) Viewed 6790 times

Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 29 Oct 2020 21:26
by exxos
Work work work beer work work :thumbup:

Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 29 Oct 2020 21:49
by PhilC
Nice bit of filing on that floppy short. Not sure what I'll do as ive already soldered in my socket.

Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 29 Oct 2020 23:43
by Steve
PhilC wrote: 29 Oct 2020 21:49 Nice bit of filing on that floppy short. Not sure what I'll do as ive already soldered in my socket.
Cheers, luckily I got a whole bunch of different sized files. I found a rounded file to be perfecto ;D

Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 29 Oct 2020 23:44
by exxos
PhilC wrote: 29 Oct 2020 21:49 Nice bit of filing on that floppy short. Not sure what I'll do as ive already soldered in my socket.
Un-solder it like me and icky did :P

Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:51
by PhilC
@exxos its coming out but ain't going back in again then :lol: ill use that slot for a CF card adaptor instead.

Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:59
by Icky
PhilC wrote: 30 Oct 2020 08:51 @exxos its coming out but ain't going back in again then :lol: ill use that slot for a CF card adaptor instead.
Desolder gun is your very best friend in these situations @PhilC

Re: Steve's H5 A3.14 Build (Chicken Pie edition)

Posted: 30 Oct 2020 09:50
by PhilC
@Icky good job I bought a new one then :D