Page 87 of 168

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 21 Mar 2025 21:24
by Oldskool
It seems your service is down but it was more to get it working (network). Not really going to use it for surfing :D

I’m really getting it now with that interleave thing/discussion. Was playing around with some settings in Mint in higher resolutions and the various aes versions and options but the speed is OK on the W32 but you just feel that slowness/screentearing a tiny bit. The Mach32 card is indeed just that tiny bit faster and it’s noticable in the desktop
A pity that that the resolution switching is a pain otherwise it would be a better. Especially in desktop use.

IMG_1817.jpeg
IMG_1817.jpeg (69.18 KiB) Viewed 651 times

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 22 Mar 2025 06:46
by Atarian Computing
Oldskool wrote: 21 Mar 2025 21:24 It seems your service is down but it was more to get it working (network). Not really going to use it for surfing :D
Looks like the docker container crashed. Gotta keep an eye on it.

Josh.

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 22 Mar 2025 09:13
by sety
Hi All,

Apologies if this question seems naive or even lazy, I'm just really confused with what JLPCBs system is doing? Are the ROM and RAM sticks really 4 layers or could this be the system misinterpreting the gerbers?

It's quoting me $200 to make the ROM and RAM sticks. :shock:

Thanks so much

Stuart

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 22 Mar 2025 12:56
by sety
Oops wrong thread. Please move to my build. So sorry :oops:

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 22 Mar 2025 22:51
by Oldskool
With Gnuboy and Links awakening I have some issues. Sometimes the tiles are a bid messed up on screens and the game freezes sometimes Gnuboy is still running then. The freezing seems to block me from progressing in the first dungeon beyond a certain point:

IMG_3107.jpeg
IMG_3107.jpeg (79.99 KiB) Viewed 747 times

Edit:

The GBC version of the game does work OK. So no freezing.

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 24 Mar 2025 16:11
by TKSM
I start my RAVEN and i have issues.
It's hanging often my proc is 68060 rev.6.
I also have a question, at what frequencies does your processor run and what partition sizes do you use to make it run stably?

r1.jpeg
r1.jpeg (507.64 KiB) Viewed 670 times
r2.jpeg
r2.jpeg (206.89 KiB) Viewed 670 times
r3.jpeg
r3.jpeg (319.89 KiB) Viewed 665 times
!Message from: Moderator
@TKSM, we have placed your attachments in-line so they display correctly in your post. Here's the how-to guide.

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 24 Mar 2025 19:50
by Badwolf
TKSM wrote: 24 Mar 2025 16:11 I start my RAVEN and i have issues.
It's hanging often my proc is 68060 rev.6.
I can't really help with any of your questions, but I will point out your program counter on that crash screen is the first four bytes of TOS 2.06 ergo at some point your OS is likely tying to jump to a null pointer.

Are you using the correct OS?

BW

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 25 Mar 2025 08:36
by kodak80
TKSM wrote: 24 Mar 2025 16:11 I start my RAVEN and i have issues.
It's hanging often my proc is 68060 rev.6.
I also have a question, at what frequencies does your processor run and what partition sizes do you use to make it run stably?
Welcome to the Raven 060 club.

Do you have J106 jumpered? It also looks like you have the Front LEDs header jumpered. I have J106 jumpered and nothing on the Front LEDs header.

In terms of the frequency, I have a 48mhz OSC https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/815-ACHL-48-EK This means x2 the CPU is running at 96mhz. My CF card has a boot partition of 256mb

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 25 Mar 2025 09:18
by luciodra
kodak80 wrote: 25 Mar 2025 08:36

Do you have J106 jumpered? It also looks like you have the Front LEDs header jumpered. I have J106 jumpered and nothing on the Front LEDs header.

Jumper J106 ? To me it appears reserved and I left it open... what should it command ? :)

Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer

Posted: 25 Mar 2025 09:45
by kodak80
luciodra wrote: 25 Mar 2025 09:18
kodak80 wrote: 25 Mar 2025 08:36

Do you have J106 jumpered? It also looks like you have the Front LEDs header jumpered. I have J106 jumpered and nothing on the Front LEDs header.

Jumper J106 ? To me it appears reserved and I left it open... what should it command ? :)
I have J106 jumpered on both my Raven boards. It is noted as reserved in the docs but not sure what is does and why I have it jumpered. @agranlund might be able to confirm which is correct.