Re: Raven. A homemade Atari-like computer
Posted: 15 Feb 2025 18:32
You can use static memory simm modules. They are compatible.
So no dynamic memory so no… only the special ones…
So no dynamic memory so no… only the special ones…
We welcome retro users & hardware gurus alike! Come and join the party :)
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/
I have been hoping that UIP would get some love. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to run under either EmuTOS or FreeMint. I can ping 8.8.8.8 from both OS boots so network card is running and has an RTL8019 chip. Am I missing something that needs loading first?agranlund wrote: 15 Feb 2025 22:54 I often boot to a pretty bare EmuTOS setup when programming bios or driver related things, or when I anticipate needing many and quick reboots -- which to be fair is most of the time :)
My weapon of choice for file transfers without MiNT has been ParcpUSB which gives pretty good transfer speeds on both Raven and the ST, but there's now a version of uip-tools for RTL8019 ISA network cards which is many times faster still.
You can find it as "raven/drivers/ne2000/uip.tos"
I had some issues building the http server and since I don't have much interest in that anyway this one is built as an ftp server only.
I've tested it in both DHCP and STATIC ip address mode sending files back and forth.
(for completeness sake I will take another stab at getting the http server stuff building on Mac at some point)
I think it’s opposite of that :)
Where can I download the ready-made. The sources that are on github won't compile for me :(agranlund wrote: 15 Feb 2025 22:54 ...but there's now a version of uip-tools for RTL8019 ISA network cards which is many times faster still.
Code: Select all
undefined reference to `___builtin_bswap16Ah, you can grab the binaries for everything from the release package:artik-wroc wrote: 16 Feb 2025 08:21Where can I download the ready-made. The sources that are on github won't compile for me :(agranlund wrote: 15 Feb 2025 22:54 ...but there's now a version of uip-tools for RTL8019 ISA network cards which is many times faster still.Code: Select all
undefined reference to `___builtin_bswap16
Thanks. Been a while since running UIP and you are correct. Just booted EmuTOS without Sting and ran UIP and success. Remotely connected from FileZilla FTP.agranlund wrote: 16 Feb 2025 08:07I think it’s opposite of that :)
”MiNT and STING/STiK will be detected and uiptool will ABORT if present.”
( https://bitbucket.org/sqward/uip-tools/ ... /README.md )
The program is completely self contained with its own tiny tcp/ip stack and hardware driver so having another real one running would perhaps conflict in all kinds of ways?
It’s pretty amazing to get an ftp server that has no additional requirements and in <40 kb.
I usually use an ftp client to grab files when in Mint but I’m sure there’s got to be a server also, and likewise for stik/sting under tos?
One of these days I need to setup and learn sting :)
Indeed, I am using an older version.agranlund wrote: 16 Feb 2025 08:29 But thanks for bringing that issue up! I should probably make sure everything can build with the more common (?) 4.6.4 as well.
As far as I can tell in the code, "configuration file malformed" comes up if something is wrong with "uip.cfg", or more exactly if there isn't exactly 15 values in the file. The file is probably in the root of your boot drive, or at least, that's where it created it for me.artik-wroc wrote: 16 Feb 2025 10:45 Unfortunately, I was unable to use uIPtool on other computers:
- Hades, starts as if everything was OK, but there is no connection. although ping from the PC side works.
- Panther, starts although it shows the error "configuration file malformed!". Probably because the card has jumpers.
artik-wroc wrote: 16 Feb 2025 10:45 On Panther there is a version that works with GAL Mach32, but on Hades uIPtool would be very useful.
Is the card address taken from ISA_BIOS?