Page 9 of 28
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 22:28
by Icky
Forgottenmyname wrote: 26 Nov 2018 22:26
exxos wrote: 26 Nov 2018 22:25
Do you know which is DIL and SIL though :)
I was going to ask that tomorrow.
Yep - I know which is which unfortunately :(
Finally desoldered the socket
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 22:31
by exxos
Highlighted is STF side (header pins).

- vd.jpg (68.34 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 22:37
by PhilC
Thanks :2k2:
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 22:45
by Icky
exxos wrote: 26 Nov 2018 22:31
Highlighted is STF side (header pins).
Thanks - Question is though which caps are which.
I can tell the C1 - 3 as they are big.
Don't know which is which in the kit. as I have 3 of one kind and 4 of the other
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 22:47
by PhilC
exxos wrote: 19 Nov 2018 22:13
The 3 caps in the white strip are the 3 which go around the IC as close to possible. The 4 caps on the clear strip, go on the outside pads of the IC, and the 4th is next to the shifter.
Hth :D
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 22:49
by Icky
Forgottenmyname wrote: 26 Nov 2018 22:47
exxos wrote: 19 Nov 2018 22:13
The 3 caps in the white strip are the 3 which go around the IC as close to possible. The 4 caps on the clear strip, go on the outside pads of the IC, and the 4th is next to the shifter.
Hth :D
Doh - I really am tired. Have been driving all day and I thought soldering would be a good wind down.
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 22:49
by exxos
Forgottenmyname wrote: 26 Nov 2018 22:47
exxos wrote: 19 Nov 2018 22:13
The 3 caps in the white strip are the 3 which go around the IC as close to possible. The 4 caps on the clear strip, go on the outside pads of the IC, and the 4th is next to the shifter.
Hth :D
Beat me to it!
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 22:50
by exxos
Icky wrote: 26 Nov 2018 22:49
Doh - I really am tired. Have been driving all day and I thought soldering would be a good wind down.
Hot coco then bed for you me thinks ;)
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 23:42
by Icky
exxos wrote: 26 Nov 2018 22:50
Icky wrote: 26 Nov 2018 22:49
Doh - I really am tired. Have been driving all day and I thought soldering would be a good wind down.
Hot coco then bed for you me thinks ;)
Call me Mr McShaky Hands.
Got the board soldered it needs a clean up from all the flux but the harder I tried to keep a steady hand the worse it got.
Notice the small cap nearest the big ones and its wonky but has connectivity - I gave up on presentation skills.

- IMG_3315.png (484.53 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
Now I'm going to get a hot coco Exxos.
Testing in the morning.
Re: Video driver thoughts
Posted: 26 Nov 2018 23:51
by exxos
:bravo:
Presentation is optional on Alpha builds ;)