Page 72 of 97

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 19:39
by exxos
I'm trying to get blitter and cache in the desktop menu now. So far, blitter is stuck turned on, and thats it :lol:

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (77.4 KiB) Viewed 383 times

Things would be so much easier if I knew what I was doing :cry: :crazy:

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 20:37
by exxos
So WERKS or INTERFACE don't seem to show all the RSC file stuff :shrug: but it mentioned ORCS in the sources, so found that and now lists way more stuff..

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (118.64 KiB) Viewed 368 times

2.PNG
2.PNG (95.95 KiB) Viewed 368 times

So likely I am missing the menu items currently even though they are in the code for the most part. .


EDIT:

Ahhh there you are!

3.PNG
3.PNG (87.54 KiB) Viewed 367 times

What the heck is a SUPERITEM :shrug:


Anyway.. this must be a step in the right direction!

5.PNG
5.PNG (13.64 KiB) Viewed 364 times

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 20:51
by exxos
Well thats the desktop menu now broken then :lol:

Going to the OPTIONS MENU makes the whole bar turn black and desktop info link shows up..

11.PNG
11.PNG (57.11 KiB) Viewed 360 times

With some messing about I did manage to get into the menu somehow..

22.PNG
22.PNG (59.56 KiB) Viewed 361 times

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 21:06
by dml
Looks like you're having a lot of 'fun'

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 21:10
by exxos
dml wrote: 08 Jun 2025 21:06 Looks like you're having a lot of 'fun'
Yep! Trying to hack a 40 year old operating system which I know nothing about, in a language I barely understand! :lol:


:dizzy:

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 21:11
by dml
Next, you'll fix everything and it will be 4 bytes too big for the ROM

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 21:13
by exxos
dml wrote: 08 Jun 2025 21:11 Next, you'll fix everything and it will be 4 bytes too big for the ROM
I thought the same thing!!! :lol:

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 21:33
by PhilC
exxos wrote: 08 Jun 2025 21:13
dml wrote: 08 Jun 2025 21:11 Next, you'll fix everything and it will be 4 bytes too big for the ROM
I thought the same thing!!! :lol:
Oh that's easy, remove 4 bytes from AtariTos and you get tiTs, seems like the obvious solution :lol:

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 21:38
by exxos
PhilC wrote: 08 Jun 2025 21:33 Oh that's easy, remove 4 bytes from AtariTos and you get tiTs, seems like the obvious solution :lol:
:thumbup:


Yeah, theres a whole bunch of stuff in desktop info I can take out :lol:

Re: ST536 STE EDITION

Posted: 08 Jun 2025 21:43
by exxos
Oooooooo ORCS said the menu needed reformatting :shrug: then I saved and recompiled, and now the OPTIONS menu behaves!

Now to see if the ticks behave :lol: :fire: :hide: :fire: EDIT: Nope FFS!


Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (63.86 KiB) Viewed 321 times