Page 8 of 12

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 12:48
by exxos
Package arrived. CT60e the magic smoke escaped for sure !

IMG_5294.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG (381.56 KiB) Viewed 53 times
IMG_5295.JPG
IMG_5295.JPG (388.49 KiB) Viewed 53 times
IMG_5296.JPG
IMG_5296.JPG (371.72 KiB) Viewed 53 times
IMG_5297.JPG
IMG_5297.JPG (182.78 KiB) Viewed 53 times
IMG_5298.JPG
IMG_5298.JPG (238.19 KiB) Viewed 53 times
IMG_5299.JPG
IMG_5299.JPG (243.19 KiB) Viewed 53 times
IMG_5300.JPG
IMG_5300.JPG (178.79 KiB) Viewed 53 times
IMG_5301.JPG
IMG_5301.JPG (198.4 KiB) Viewed 53 times

Will power up the Falcon first, to see if it even shows any signs of life..

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:03
by rubber_jonnie
Sadly I'm expecting the Falcon to be toast :(

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:14
by exxos
rubber_jonnie wrote: 06 Oct 2026 13:03 Sadly I'm expecting the Falcon to be toast :(




:sigh:
R.I.P Falcon :2k2:

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:18
by JezC
:cry:

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:18
by HigashiJun
Oh no...

:(

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:27
by rubber_jonnie
exxos wrote: 06 Oct 2026 13:14
rubber_jonnie wrote: 06 Oct 2026 13:03 Sadly I'm expecting the Falcon to be toast :(




:sigh:
R.I.P Falcon :2k2:
Well that's rubbish, but no surprise if it's been on the end of mains across the board.

Anything obvious other then the flickery power light? Any more holes in ICs or scorched tracks?

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:30
by exxos
rubber_jonnie wrote: 06 Oct 2026 13:27 Well that's rubbish, but no surprise if it's been on the end of mains across the board.

Anything obvious other then the flickery power light? Any more holes in ICs or scorched tracks?
Nothing obvious. I'm going to put it on my bench PSU, see if 12V and 5V are toast.. Then i'll have to get my low resistance meter out to see if it gives any clues what's blown.. But i'm not hopeful there.

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:33
by rubber_jonnie
exxos wrote: 06 Oct 2026 13:30
rubber_jonnie wrote: 06 Oct 2026 13:27 Well that's rubbish, but no surprise if it's been on the end of mains across the board.

Anything obvious other then the flickery power light? Any more holes in ICs or scorched tracks?
Nothing obvious. I'm going to put it on my bench PSU, see if 12V and 5V are toast.. Then i'll have to get my low resistance meter out to see if it gives any clues what's blown.. But i'm not hopeful there.
Nope, me either. I'm guessing at least one of the power rails is a dead short though.

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:37
by rubber_jonnie
@exxos

I think a post-mortem on the switch/switch PCB would be interesting.

Re: Falcon030 dead after Centuriontech CT60/CT60PSU incident - investigation begins

Posted: 06 Oct 2026 13:44
by exxos
rubber_jonnie wrote: 06 Oct 2026 13:37 I think a post-mortem on the switch/switch PCB would be interesting.
I will do that, but likely next week as need to dismantle the whole thing and too poorly to start doing that right now.

But its burned the PCB under the switch by the looks of it, can't tell without removing it all, but looks like the burnt part is between the mains track and switch, and mounting bolt.