Page 8 of 8

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Posted: 03 Jun 2026 17:04
by superchill
Declaring interest if another run of boards is produced

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Posted: 15 Jul 2026 14:46
by Marcopolomint1
First post here in this forum so thankyou for add. Have just received my STE in many years since being a long time owner in my teens. New PC purchased with the sole purpose of modding/Upgrading.

Declaring buyer interest in the STE536 Accelerator. Would rather take this route than v1 STE booster.

What is the present state of play with this project? Apologies if wrong section to add this.

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Posted: 15 Jul 2026 17:56
by exxos
Marcopolomint1 wrote: 15 Jul 2026 14:46 What is the present state of play with this project? Apologies if wrong section to add this.
I've not had chance to work on it for some time. I need to finish the ST536 and make sure it's reliable before porting again to the STE536. All my time has gone on server related stuff and I've been busy with work etc. Never enough hours in the day..

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Posted: 17 Jul 2026 01:05
by corytryan
I would also like to declare my interest in a STE536, I would actually be happy to prepay for one.

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Posted: 08 Oct 2026 13:50
by Marcopolomint1
With second hand Falcon getting super scarce and super expensive and the easy availability of the STE it does make a huge amount of sense this. What quantity on a first batch make it viable? 10? 50? (assuming the demand is there?). STE536 looks around 7-8MIPS, Stock Falcon 3-4MIPS interestingly.

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Posted: 08 Oct 2026 15:30
by exxos
Marcopolomint1 wrote: 08 Oct 2026 13:50 With second hand Falcon getting super scarce and super expensive and the easy availability of the STE it does make a huge amount of sense this. What quantity on a first batch make it viable? 10? 50? (assuming the demand is there?). STE536 looks around 7-8MIPS, Stock Falcon 3-4MIPS interestingly.
Its still under development, the ST536 is ongoing as I keep finding issues. Once I'm happy with the ST536 I'll port back to the ST536.

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 06:25
by kgilmore
exxos wrote: 08 Oct 2026 15:30
Marcopolomint1 wrote: 08 Oct 2026 13:50 With second hand Falcon getting super scarce and super expensive and the easy availability of the STE it does make a huge amount of sense this. What quantity on a first batch make it viable? 10? 50? (assuming the demand is there?). STE536 looks around 7-8MIPS, Stock Falcon 3-4MIPS interestingly.
Its still under development, the ST536 is ongoing as I keep finding issues. Once I'm happy with the ST536 I'll port back to the ST536.
Are you referring to the STE536 or the ST536 here? I'd love one for my Mega ST but I thought the ST536 was discontinued back in 2024?

Re: STE536 BUYERS INTERESTS

Posted: 09 Oct 2026 09:46
by exxos
kgilmore wrote: 09 Oct 2026 06:25 Are you referring to the STE536 or the ST536 here? I'd love one for my Mega ST but I thought the ST536 was discontinued back in 2024?
It was discontinued, but people harassed me to bring the project back. Theres been ongoing development for a long time.

viewtopic.php?t=3992&start=1090#p146166

Theres no point respinning the STE536 until I've squashed all the bugs on the ST536. Though oddly the STE536 had almost no issues over the ST version even though its the same project.