Page 69 of 110
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 19 Oct 2023 21:05
by JezC
exxos wrote: 19 Oct 2023 20:59
You don't connect ROM CE to anything, just use the ROM socket on the ST536. Also that DMA wire isn't even in the later firmware, IIRC I was using it as a debug output pin for something.
Ah...of course! Silly me... :oops:
Will give it a go now & report back in a few minutes...
EDIT: Yup, works - booting into EmuTOS at the moment but comes up with the desktop & I can run progs from the CF card too.
:yay: :yay2: :dualthumbup: :cheer: :excited: :cheers: :girldance:
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 19 Oct 2023 21:16
by PhilC
Glad you got it working @JezC and hope you enjoy using it.
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 19 Oct 2023 21:18
by exxos
:bravo: :girldance: :girldance: :cheer: :cheer: :girldance: :girldance:
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 19 Oct 2023 21:41
by JezC
PhilC wrote: 19 Oct 2023 21:16
Glad you got it working @JezC and hope you enjoy using it.
Thanks
@PhilC - though using it in colour has reminded me that I still need to lift those pins on the video DAC - brightness is waaaaaay too high.
Next step (after the above) might be to fit the cart socket & try it with Cubase 3/Logic and see how they work...
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 28 Oct 2023 12:35
by olivier.jan
Hi, I see there is a PAK/3 version of EMUTOS, has anyone tried this on the ST536 ?
I'm going to flash Exxos patched TOS 2.06 and I wanted to add an EMUTOS to it, but as I have only 1 AT27C4096-55 left and it's close to impossible to find new ones online, I wanted to make sure about the EMUTOS to flash.
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 28 Oct 2023 13:39
by stephen_usher
For PAK/3 stuff you'll probably need 512K ROM support in your hardware. I know that you do for the PAK/3 patched 3.06 (which works fine other than only having a USA keymap available).
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 04 Nov 2023 13:35
by flegmatik
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 04 Nov 2023 16:55
by exxos
:bravo:
Not sure why EMUTOS fails but I don't think anyone has tested it much. You could report the issues on their mailing list..
You have GB6 running from ST RAM so it's giving you some lower than expected scores.
IDE is likely sulky with cards other than SanDisk. It's the same IDE code as used on Amiga cards and people tested without problems. But the ST with ""dumb" IDE interfaces which are the common designs don't generally work with any cards but SanDisk. It's why TRUIDE was designed for the H5 as it's a much more mature and tested design. I'll get them in the store again at some point...
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 04 Nov 2023 17:14
by flegmatik
Good news for TRUIDE, but like I said everything works just fine. TF ST356 is rock stable and setup proved to be a much smoother that I anticipated, just like H5. Now, if we only could buy that new Shifter with HDMI output ... :D
I was wondering about that, how do you run GB6, or anything else for that matter from TT RAM?
Re: REV 3 - REV 5 - The beginning (ST536)
Posted: 04 Nov 2023 17:39
by exxos
flegmatik wrote: 04 Nov 2023 17:14
I was wondering about that, how do you run GB6, or anything else for that matter from TT RAM?
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=54