Page 7 of 11
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 26 Jun 2021 23:10
by Steve
Ah cool, I butchered my masteries asci2stms trying to convert them to V2. Be interested in benchmarks between these two devices when you get time.
I have a feeling my asci2sd hasn't been programmed. Seems I've soldered it all fine. When I plug it in I get the usual 'found device noise' scsi2sd-util stops searching and it says usb hid errors:0, but I cannot read or save to the device.
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 27 Jun 2021 13:43
by Steve
@DoG I fixed mine :) I had one bridged pin on the sd-card slot.
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 27 Jun 2021 14:27
by DoG
Steve wrote: 27 Jun 2021 13:43
@DoG I fixed mine :) I had one bridged pin on the sd-card slot.
Nice. It most often is something small like that. Or a pin not soldered. :D
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 10 Jul 2021 18:05
by DoG
Steve wrote: 26 Jun 2021 23:10
Ah cool, I butchered my masteries asci2stms trying to convert them to V2. Be interested in benchmarks between these two devices when you get time.
I don't know where my ACSI2SD has gone, but here is my test for ACSI2STM V2 at least. Tested on a Mega ST4 and with TOS v2.06. I got the same speeds under TOS v1.04 so that apperently doesn't matter.

- 20210710_181842.jpg (115.9 KiB) Viewed 6312 times

- 20210710_180855.jpg (215.96 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 09 Aug 2021 15:42
by DoG
Steve wrote: 26 Jun 2021 23:10
...Be interested in benchmarks between these two devices when you get time...
Found my ACSI2SD v1 by eltradec. Speed tested it with TOS v2.06 and HDDriver v10.15. Pretty much the same speed as ACSI2STM.

- ACSI2SD with HDDriver v10.15.jpg (271.8 KiB) Viewed 6029 times

- ACSI2SD speed test with TOS v2.06.jpg (251.16 KiB) Viewed 6029 times
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 09 Aug 2021 17:01
by DoG
Fixed
my RamCart to not have individual bit erasing during CPLD initializing as described on
tOri site. I also uploaded the 'new' v1.20 firmware on it and fixed the battery holder and I found a suitable switch to use so I changed that too.

- RamCart_fixed.jpg (222.63 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 31 Aug 2021 19:39
by DoG
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 12 Sep 2021 18:35
by DoG
A few people asked me about
my PCB for ACSI2STM I made a couple of posts back. I decided to fork out ACSI2STM on github and uploaded the gerbers for my PCB and wrote a little readme for it:
https://github.com/tomtebloss/acsi2stm/ ... er/gerbers
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 29 Dec 2021 18:37
by DoG
It's has been a while since I wrote something in this thread.
Finally got some time to build/solder and program my
Retro Chip Tester with latest (beta) firmware and do some testing with it.

- Retro Chip Tester 2.jpg (435.89 KiB) Viewed 4868 times
Re: Random STuff
Posted: 29 Dec 2021 18:50
by rubber_jonnie
DoG wrote: 29 Dec 2021 18:37
It's has been a while since I wrote something in this thread.
Finally got some time to build/solder and program my
Retro Chip Tester with latest (beta) firmware and do some testing with it.
Retro Chip Tester 2.jpg
Nice, I'm considering one of these myself.