Page 4 of 26
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 10:27
by Cego
trixster wrote: 18 Dec 2021 10:18
And the all important AmiQuake Timedemo demo1 score is 17.3fps.
The fastest I ever saw for a Blizzard 1260 80mhz is 16.3fps, so TF1260 takes the crown easily!
interesting! i only get 14,72FPS with the clickboom port. Didn't know that the AmiQuake port was faster. What settings did you use?
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 10:30
by terriblefire
Cego wrote: 18 Dec 2021 10:27
interesting! i only get 14,72FPS with the clickboom port. Didn't know that the AmiQuake port was faster. What settings did you use?
Dont get too off topic asking about game settings... :D
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 10:34
by Cego
Does anybody have data about the CPLD temperatures at the different clock speeds?
I was also wondering if there's a temperature monitoring/sensor feature on the TF1260.
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 10:37
by terriblefire
Cego wrote: 18 Dec 2021 10:34
Does anybody have data about the CPLD temperatures at the different clock speeds?
I was also wondering if there's a temperature monitoring/sensor feature on the TF1260.
Bus CPLD gets hot for me. I am working on that.
For temperature monitoring I recommend the Solas board from
@Daedalus. The TF1260 brings out the THERM pins and Rob did some work calibrating the temp curves of the different CPU revisions.
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 11:11
by voscoboss
Nice holiday present and great to see that it runs well for some, even at high speeds!
I tried the alpha myself. Amiga doesn't boot up at all with the alpha flashed. Flashing itself worked fine with 0 errors. Tried reseating the card a couple of times making sure there's proper contact. Tried diagrom EPROM instead of the EEPROMs I normally use. Reverting back to the previous beta, it works fine. Board is a reAmiga 1.5. I don't have any other A1200's to test the card with.
For now I guess I'll be running the beta. Let me know if any further info or testing is wanted!
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 11:14
by Duncan
Many thanks big man, yer a genius!!
If i pop up, can you flash my card again? efter the New Year that is, i think you have earned a good rest. :)
Legend
:yay:
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 11:18
by terriblefire
voscoboss wrote: 18 Dec 2021 11:11
Nice holiday present and great to see that it runs well for some, even at high speeds!
I tried the alpha myself. Amiga doesn't boot up at all with the alpha flashed. Flashing itself worked fine with 0 errors. Tried reseating the card a couple of times making sure there's proper contact. Tried diagrom EPROM instead of the EEPROMs I normally use. Reverting back to the previous beta, it works fine. Board is a reAmiga 1.5. I don't have any other A1200's to test the card with.
For now I guess I'll be running the beta. Let me know if any further info or testing is wanted!
Ah thats a shame. We had a group of 8 of us testing all the boards we could get our hands on. There were several ReAmiga's in that pile
The only thing i can think of is that I am now using pins between the CPLDs i wasnt before. Quick check if your card has the logo or not?
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 11:19
by terriblefire
Duncan wrote: 18 Dec 2021 11:14
Many thanks big man, yer a genius!!
If i pop up, can you flash my card again? efter the New Year that is, i think you have earned a good rest. :)
Legend
:yay:
Aye nae bother big man. You know where i am.
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 11:44
by voscoboss
terriblefire wrote: 18 Dec 2021 11:18
Ah thats a shame. We had a group of 8 of us testing all the boards we could get our hands on. There were several ReAmiga's in that pile
The only thing i can think of is that I am now using pins between the CPLDs i wasnt before. Quick check if your card has the logo or not?
It does have the logo (see attachment). Card was built by
@chucky

- IMG_7133.JPEG (268.36 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
Re: TF1260 New Firmware Alpha Released!
Posted: 18 Dec 2021 11:51
by terriblefire
I was reviewing the schematics... Its possible (not absolutely sure) that your card would work on old firmware but not this one if the highlighted pin was shorted somehow.

- BUSCPLD.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 4079 times

- RAMCPLD.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 4079 times
This might not be the issue but its worth quick look