A dislike :lol: someone is jealous or just dumb , or maybe both :lol: :lol:
Capture.PNG (30.41 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
Re: exxos blog - random goings on
Posted: 20 Oct 2023 11:55
by exxos
Bit of a waste vs actual PCB here!
IMG_1507.JPG (394.95 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
Finally all soldered up!
IMG_1510.JPG (353.67 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
IMG_1509.JPG (500.17 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
My RTC test station.
IMG_1515.JPG (434.01 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
Set time date in CP.
IMG_1512.JPG (300.85 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
Check a few mins later! All looks good!
IMG_1513.JPG (194.42 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
Decided to write a quick program to set the time and date so I don't have to keep clicking around Control Panel...
Capture.PNG (76.86 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
I guess I forgot to add "STOP -1" on the end :lol: :roll:
IMG_1514.JPG (222.5 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
I can test about 8 RTC's at once, as its all the batteries I have :lol: So this will keep me busy for the rest of the day easily.
Re: exxos blog - random goings on
Posted: 20 Oct 2023 16:24
by exxos
Also did a quick program to display the time and date, but it doesn't display right :shrug:
Not sure if it's supposed to display 2023 or just 23. Does the same in steem so yeah whatever. Seems fine in CP.
IMG_1516.JPG (374.14 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
Empty my US cleaner.
IMG_1519.JPG (214.51 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
All clean!
IMG_1520.JPG (219.84 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
Instructions say put 1L of cleaning fluid in the tank :shrug:
IMG_1521.JPG (288.96 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
Boards ready to go in.
IMG_1522.JPG (511.29 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
Now all sunk.
IMG_1523.JPG (360.6 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
Meanwhile I investigated the 7 which had issues. But was all easy fixes in the end.
IMG_1524.JPG (465.87 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
IMG_1526.JPG (429.59 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
So all boards going though another 30mins in the US. Then I will give them a rinse after food. Hopefully they will start appearing back in stock sometime next week!
Re: exxos blog - random goings on
Posted: 22 Oct 2023 19:21
by exxos
Soldering a V6 DAC board. This one has the 4MB RAM breakout connector on it.
Re: exxos blog - random goings on
Posted: 22 Oct 2023 20:47
by exxos
Finally found my old STFM test machine. Now to re-assemble and see how many things wrong with it!
IMG_1535.JPG (372.74 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Had to find my original dualtos board. Broken of course.
IMG_1536.JPG (238.93 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Fixed and inserted.. Now to spend the next 400 years trying to get the CPU in.
IMG_1537.JPG (343.92 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
All back together.
IMG_1538.JPG (397.09 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
First power up as expected :roll:
IMG_1539.JPG (374.09 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Re-seated the GLUE and it sprung to life!
IMG_1540.JPG (250.82 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
However the keyboard was not working, so I gave it all a hard calibration which did not really help :lol: :roll:
IMG_1541.JPG (153.46 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Re-seated the ROM and back up again 8-)
IMG_1542.JPG (216.69 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Will leave it running for a bit then try the V6 DAC board. I don't plan on soldering the RGB stuff as nothing has changed in respects to that. I just want to see if the RAM works with the DAC board.
Re: exxos blog - random goings on
Posted: 23 Oct 2023 12:51
by exxos
Anti-static foam more than doubled in price since I last bought some :(
Capture.PNG (120.75 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
RTC modules all done. Just need to bag'um up.
IMG_1560.JPG (413.52 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
Re: exxos blog - random goings on
Posted: 27 Oct 2023 23:07
by exxos
Bit of a strange day of sorts. Nextdoor came around asking if I had a fan as they had a flood. Same issue I had about a year ago where the flexpipe to the taps exploded. But the guy is old and deaf so likely didn't notice the flood for some time.
So his daughter appeared as well to help. Turns out like 20 years ago I showed her 2 sons my Tesla coil in the garage. They must have been like 10years old back then. She said I must have made an impression as they both took up physics as their profession. Would be nice to think so :)
Maybe one day I'll get back into it. I built a huge rotary sparkgap years ago and still untested. Maybe take it all to a future cyberlegends event for after dark activities. Think we all need a change from chairsmacking to sending a few million volts though a few people instead.