What a bloody nightmare. Like 3 hours to change a bloody laptop battery! :cussing:
So new battery came and fitted it. Superquick job to do.. Or least it *should* have been. :roll:

- IMG_1477.JPG (280.86 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
So it was totally dead other than the battery light on the front

- IMG_1486.JPG (225.76 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
So taking it back to bits again..
First up the ribbon cable fell out of the connector.

- IMG_1478.JPG (131.04 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
This cable was just loose inside the laptop.

- IMG_1479.JPG (328.39 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Then while trying to hold the keyboard up and fit the cable in, the top fell off the top of the connector which turn into a nightmare.

- IMG_1480.JPG (204.8 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Finally managed to slip back into place by the power of swear.

- IMG_1481.JPG (229.84 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Found out this was actually the power cable for the on-off switch. Which explains why didn't turn on after reassembling it the first time!

- IMG_1482.JPG (278.6 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Keyboard connector back in.

- IMG_1483.JPG (216.3 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Power cable back in. The clip does not seem to like totally flat for some reason either. Though it is correctly clicked into place believe it or not.

- IMG_1484.JPG (245.3 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Then the CD-ROM cover fell off.

- IMG_1485.JPG (190.5 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Then realised after putting the cables back the right-hand corner was not clipping down back into place there was some metalwork totally bent up after I tried to get the vaccine without fully removing the keyboard (because I could not get the screw out)

- IMG_1487.JPG (195.32 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Trying to get the screw out again.. Now with the CD-ROM removed for a bit easier access.

- IMG_1488.JPG (227.37 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
The metal was totally bent at this point :roll:

- IMG_1489.JPG (154.97 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
So here lies the problem. The brass thingy which the screw goes into was actually holding in some unnecessary metal as well :roll:

- IMG_1490.JPG (220.92 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
In the end I just decided to cut the metal parts away and have done with it!

- IMG_1491.JPG (184.44 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Keyboard finally free!

- IMG_1492.JPG (229.13 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Top view of the stupid metal part.

- IMG_1493.JPG (305.73 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Finally managed to get the screw out by holding the thing with the cutters and getting the screw and getting done that way.

- IMG_1494.JPG (290.04 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
It's freeeeee.

- IMG_1495.JPG (259.83 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
The keyboard side of the metal bit which was in the way.

- IMG_1496.JPG (205.77 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Now the replacement battery came with a handy spatula. Not sure this was the intention but it was very useful while putting in the cables :lol:

- IMG_1497.JPG (288.18 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
CD-ROM drive back in.

- IMG_1498.JPG (366.44 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
Now it is bizarre because one screw hole actually seems thicker than the others.
In hindsight I wonder if this was the problem originally when I change the battery last year :roll: I think I could have got the two ends screws mixed up because they basically looked all the same length and size but I think this could be why the other side jammed because I fitted the wrong screwing there :roll: but you really had to look at them to see any sort of thickness difference :roll:

- IMG_1499.JPG (131.94 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
And finally!!

- IMG_1500.JPG (289.84 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
I think when this laptop finally gives up the ghost I am buying a framework so I don't have to go through all this BS again!
:dizzy: