Today I've been working upon the mounting bracket and fascia for the SCSI2SD so that it looks like the original Seagate 5.25" drive.
Got the fascia done now and working on the actual bracket.
IMG_4132.jpeg (262.71 KiB) Viewed 548 times
IMG_4133.jpeg (87.92 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Re: General Stuff(tm)
Posted: 08 Jan 2025 22:00
by stephen_usher
Project complete...
Re: General Stuff(tm)
Posted: 09 Jan 2025 03:12
by HigashiJun
:bravo:
Re: General Stuff(tm)
Posted: 09 Jan 2025 07:56
by rubber_jonnie
Very neat :)
Re: General Stuff(tm)
Posted: 09 Jan 2025 08:05
by JezC
@stephen_usher I was planning to put a SCSI CD drive in my TCT to fill the drive plate space, but having seen this I'm not sure which to go for now :? :lol:
Great solution!
Re: General Stuff(tm)
Posted: 09 Jan 2025 11:47
by stephen_usher
I've tweaked it slightly (reducing the height of the fascia by 1mm to better fit the enclosure cut out and fixing some strength issues on the frame and the screw hole sizes).
I@ve attached the STL files. The fascia is best printed with the front facing down. It takes 5mm x 2mm rectangular LEDs and M2 screws for fixing. The facia needs to be glued to the frame. I found that superglue didn't like the PLA and didn't work, so I had to use epoxy resin.