Page 3 of 4

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 14:27
by TimNaber
@Exxos; I like the directions you are taking this, but I have one request while building the New Machines.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE move the frickin joystick/mouse ports out from underneath the keyboard. This is the only pet peeve I have about the ST line.

That is all,

Thank you!

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 14:33
by exxos
TimNaber wrote: 13 Mar 2020 14:27 PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE move the frickin joystick/mouse ports out from underneath the keyboard. This is the only pet peeve I have about the ST line.
We can't... That is part of the keyboard not not the motherboard..

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 17:10
by Tomswork
Just a request how hard would it be to fit a m2 socket and control in the board

Tom

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 17:43
by PaulJ
Tomswork wrote: 13 Mar 2020 17:10 Just a request how hard would it be to fit a m2 socket and control in the board

Tom
Don't know what a m2 socket is? :?: :?: :?: You could connect a Eiffel to the computer keyboard connector and locate it any where you like.

Eiffel.png
Eiffel.png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 7240 times

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 18:09
by TimNaber

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 18:21
by exxos
Tomswork wrote: 13 Mar 2020 17:10 Just a request how hard would it be to fit a m2 socket and control in the board
Very hard I would assume, you would need a IDE to PCI type conversion interface for starters.. I doubt anyone is going to build one of those.. Is there really any need anyway ? there is only so much storage you can add into a ST... and it would not be any faster either. If anything it would be slower because of the extra overhead of the interface.

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 18:32
by stephen_usher
Low speed (1.5Mb/s) SATA would be more appropriate if possible given the system bus bottleneck. Even for that you'd probably need an intelligent "host controller" doing the heavy lifting.

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 18:42
by Tomswork
Ah ok they are hand little ssd drives sata interface I think
They are very compact.

Tom

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 20:10
by PaulJ
Oh, I do know what N.2 socket is.. here's a pic of one of 2 I have in my other mac. Ya that would be killer in an ST! I had never dreamed of that. @exxos if your going to work the N.2 addition could you also add this video card? Maybe a new supply to drive it all and an processor upgrade to take advantage of the new hardware. Come on folks..

N.2.jpg
N.2.jpg (174.23 KiB) Viewed 7209 times
vid.jpg
vid.jpg (40.91 KiB) Viewed 7209 times

Re: Future of the project.

Posted: 13 Mar 2020 20:15
by exxos
PaulJ wrote: 13 Mar 2020 20:10 Oh, I do know what N.2 socket is.. here's a pic of one of 2 I have in my other mac. Ya that would be killer in an ST! I had never dreamed of that. @exxos if your going to work the N.2 addition could you also add this video card? Maybe a new supply to drive it all and an processor upgrade to take advantage of the new hardware. Come on folks..
Yeah why not. Might as well add in a pentium processors with water cooling for a extra speed boost as well. Then install windows on it.